Chapter 32

Shanique Munroe

"Does this look cute?" I ask Anderson as I get ready for the race today.

I had on a black long sleeved top, some shorts on boots. It was simple.

He looks over at me briefly, nod his head and went back to assessing his shoes. He was trying to pick out the perfect pair for his outfit, but was having trouble deciding.

I frowned a bit. His response to my outfit was dry as fuck. I walked back into the closet to pick something else.

It took me a minute to find another outfit that I liked but as I spun around in the mirror I smiled at myself. I liked this one better.

It was a black full shapewear that hugged my body and snapped it into perfection that I paired with a burgundy letterman jacket and converse. My hair was straightened so I pulled a cap over my head because I know the sun will be on 10 today.

Walking into the room I walked pass Anderson who was brushing his beard out in the mirror. He wore a black plain tee and black ripped jeans.

Mi nah lie my husband looks like a basic fuck boy.

He stops the brushing once I pass by him and was taking me in. That's right, take it in.

"Where is the other outfit that you had on?" He asked after awhile. He resumed the brushing and I just walked over to my vanity to select my fragrance for the day.

"I took it off. I want to wear this instead." I tell him.

"Oh, okay..." he trailed off. I thought he was going to tell me to go change but that wasn't the case at all.

For some reason Anderson did not feel like driving so I had to drive us to St. Ann. Anderson behaved like the perfect frighten Friday as he kept making videos and snaps of us, like those girls on Instagram. I found the entire thing hilarious.

Pulling up to the track, I found a parking spot and quickly parked the car.

"A suh wifey fi a chauffeur me around enuh. I like this for me." Anderson pops up saying once we got out of the car.

I just rolled my eyes at him because come hell or high waters, he was driving us back.

"Put this on." He instructed, passing me a VIP armband. After snapping the band around my wrist, I held onto babe's hand as he led me towards the entrance.

The place did crowdy and noisy, so I stayed close to Dan to avoid bumping into other people.

At this point I know I definitely fucked up by agreeing to come to the race. I wanted to go back home.

Unfortunately, we were already inside and heading towards a fence, where I see my brother and CJ's race car buddies.

Dan had set it up for Fabian to join CJ's crew and things seem to have been going good with them so far.

My brother was the first person to spot us. He waved at me and I gave a little half wave back, I felt nauseous.

"You good?" Dan asked me, jus before he got to the little gate that took us on the other side of the stands.

I nod my head yes. Mi nuh want him a fret bout mi too much and nuh enjoy himself. This is his first time coming out to something that's not fully work related since the first miscarriage.

Walking over to the guys, I got hugs from my brother and Cj. They asked if I was good and I responded yes. That's the last time for the rest of the afternoon that I actually followed any conversation. Trust me, I was trying to.