Initiation

3rd Person POV:

On a homemade rotating balancing beam, Yn trained diligently with his mother.

Jen: Show me... "Flick the nose".

He performed an upward elbow strike.

Jen: "Smack the beach".

Yn: You can say bitch-

Jen: SMACK THE BEACH!

Yn waved a close fist right across the air, then with an open palm brought the hand back and pushed the imaginary "beach" to the ground.

Jen: "Chop the wood".

Yn front flips axe kicks the imaginary opponent he smacked to the ground.

Jen: Dodge the sandal.

Yn: Wait, which one was-

(SMACK)

He goes flying to the end of the lawn after getting smacked by Jen's flipflop.

Walking over, Jen puts back on her flipflop before peeling it off Yn's face.

Jen: Remember, all you need to do is Focus.

Jen: You're strong, fast, skilled. But it's useless if you don't focus!

Yn: It'll be easier if I could use my quirk.

Jen: Your quirk enhances what's already there. If you can learn to concentrate as you are now, you don't have to waste energy getting into high gear.

Yn:(pulls grass)...

Jen: Are you still with me?

Yn: Y-yeah.

Jen: Good, let's-

Phil: Am I interrupting?

Jen:(looks back) Take five...

She walks over to her neighbor, Phil.

Jen: What can I do for you, kid?

She crossed her arms and stared at her neighbor.

Phil:...(Clears throat)... I was wondering if I could get your advice on something?

Jen: What?

He reveals Lisa's invitation to the National Hero Academy. She seemingly got one as well due to her aid in Yn's abuse of the self-defense rule.

Jen:(Reads the letter)...

Jen: And what exactly is the issue?

Phil: Should I make her go?

Phil: She isn't exactly keen on being a hero, but it's a good school, and having a hero license lets her use her quirk which she just can't help but to use.

Jen: Alright. And why come to me?

Phil: Because... I don't really want to force her but it's good for her...

Jen: Make her.

Jen: It'll give her a taste of freedom and discipline her.

Phil: You think so?

Jen: Believe it or not, I was once a teenage girl myself.

Phil: Alright.

Jen: And another thing...

Phil: Hm?

Jen: I may be older than you, but I've been a parent just as long.

Jen: You don't need to come to me for advice. Just trust your instincts to do what's best for her.