The MASSIVE Cavern

I am never getting a driver's license. Ever. In fact, I'm never touching the ground again.

Hoverboards are the best thing to ever be created, and I will personally gift the creator five giant diamonds.

"WOOOOOOOOO!" Claire shouted.

Jackson kept laughing at our faces and comments. Honestly, who couldn't love the sleek silver boards with foot straps.

"This is amazing, This is amazing, This is amazing, This is amazing, This is amazing, This is amazing, This is amazing.."

Yeah, I kept saying that a lot.

Sadly, the real world doesn't let you stay happy for long.

"Guys, be on the lookout for a large hill in a forest. That's where the base should be." Jackson said.

We both nodded and were pretty silent after that.

"There." Claire pointed to a hill in the distance, and we veered towards it. Once we were about 50 yards away, all of our hoverboards shut off. We began plummeting down, but luckily fell into a river. Unluckily, the river wasn't very deep, so we did hit our heads pretty hard. Jackson was out cold, Claire was bleeding, and I was pretty sure my arm was broken.

Suddenly, a group of people attacked us. They were dressed in black t-shirts and shorts with various weapons. The group all wore black masks to hide their faces. The tallest one wore a beanie and several bracelets with silver mushrooms on them. She was shouting a battle cry and jumped on me. I reached to grab my knife from my pocket, but the girl kicked it out of range. She threw her hands out at me, and gusts of wind flew at me. I was thrown back and hit a tree. I felt my arm (which I suspected was broken) become dislocated. I screamed from pain. Just as the girl was about to punch me square in the mouth, the river turned into solid ice, trapping her inside.

"Enough you bastards!"

I turned to see Claire standing on the ice, inches away from someone trying to stab her with a knife. Behind her, Jackson lay unconscious.

I clutched my arm as Claire walked over to the girl who was fighting me. She struggled against Claire, trying to avoid her face being known.

Claire pulled back the mask to reveal my attacker.

"Gust?" I asked in shock.

"How do you know who I am?" She squinted at me, then recognized me.

"Phenomina?" I opened my mouth to reply, when suddenly, a communicator at Gust's hip crackled to life.

"Gust? Gust, report."

Kaz.

"Hey, uh, Phoenix..." Gust trailed off.

"Gust, what's wrong? Do you need back up? Who attacked us?"

"Uh..." she paused, looking at her team frantically. But they all shook their heads, not knowing what was going on or didn't know what to say."

"Spit it out." Kaz snapped angrily.

"It's the," she paused and grimaced, "the traitor."

My blood froze. Traitor? That was so harsh. I felt tears pricking at my eyes. I also felt bad for Gust because she was caught in such a difficult position.

I started to read her mind, only to find my attempts to be thwarted by some sort of invisible wall. I then scanned Gust more closely, trembling at what I would notice. At first, nothing seemed off. In fact, all of the attackers felt pretty identical, but that's when I noticed it. The ring, the one Core gave to all of us to block the powers of the Chief. The one I wore, the one Boulder wore, the one Jackson, surprisingly, still wore. Fortify must have enchanted them somehow, it would describe the wall I felt.