Project Revived

"Aye mate, how's it going?" A tall, blonde boy with blue eyes said to Jackson.

"Doin' great Thomas." Jackson replied

I arrived at school and went down to my first period with Thomas, complaining about Mrs. Brennon.

"She is so boring!"

"Yeah, she's so old too! I bet she has great grandkids."

We laughed as we sat down in the back corner. Mrs. Brennon started taking attendance, and a guy named Howard was later.

"Howard Delacourt?" She called

"So Howard is absent?"

We all murmured yes and she continued calling names. Suddenly, someone broke the small glass window to our classroom.

"Did you miss me?" It was Howard. He stumbled into the room, knocking over various items.

"Dude, Howard is drunk." Thomas said. I squinted closer and noticed that he was right. In one hand, there was an empty bottle. But in the other, there was a gun. My blood froze.

"Mr. Delacourt, please sit down and pick up this disgraceful mess you have made." Mrs. Brennon said in her 'proper' and 'poised' voice.

"Nah, I don't think I will." He replied sluggishly.

"Do you need to go to the principal's office?" She asked

"No, I think you need to go." Howard replied. Yeah, this guy was drunk.

"Eyo Howard! Just sit down, chill out. It's all cool." Thomas tried calming him down, but then Howard raised the gun that no one else had noticed except me, and shot him.

No, NO IT CAN'T BE! "TOM!" I shouted and ran over

It wasn't a deadly shot, but it hit him somewhere in the chest. Howard doubled over like it was the funniest thing he had ever heard. Mrs. Brennon was petrified and rushed to the phone. Once again, laughing manically, he pulled the trigger, this time hitting our teacher in the head, killing her.

By now, the whole class was freaking out. Almost everyone was running for the exit, but Howard was shooting the pistol in every direction.

Deadly fear has set in me, I ducked under a desk and crept up behind Howard. I took a deep breath and started punching him in the head. At one point, he stumbled and I jumped on him, knocking him to the ground. I yanked the gun out of his hand and unloaded it. It had 3 bullets left. I kept him pinned and told someone to call 911. Howard eventually fainted.

The next few hours were a blur. They dragged Howard off to juvenile, and Thomas and the various other people who had been shot were rushed to the hospital. A girl in our class had died, but my mind was only on Thomas. It was selfish, but he was my friend.

The police questioned me and I was sent home. My parents for once were worried and thought I was a hero for stopping Howard. But the only thought that was circling through my head was: What if I'm too late?

I woke up that night from terrible nightmares to get some water. My throat was constricted. Food and water still wasn't an option. I pushed my finger into the water and pulled it back up. To my shock, the water formed a small spout. I freaked out and ran back to bed.

The next morning, school was cancelled. I started playing with the water again, testing more and more things. I eventually found out I could play with light, and I kept this frightening secret to myself.

Months went by, Tom was fine. We all went to therapy to cope with the PTSD. But things changed. Everyone was cautious. More and more security checks had happened. Multiple families withdrew their kids. Over time though, I started disliking this new life. It felt, demeaning. I survived, I am a survivor. I can still function normally.

One day, I was practicing soccer by myself and I was grabbed from behind. I smelt a sweet gas and passed out. I awoke in a sort of bunker, and a woman with an electric sword explained the alley fights to me. And I loved it. No more restrictions, no more rules. It was amazing, and I was good. I was never as good as Shock or Gryffin, but I did beat Boulder once, and I was real proud of that.

About three months later, I was called to Shock's HQ. She told me that I looked to be a promising general in the ongoing war with the Preservers. I was a fully initiated member of the Destroyers, and I was a phenomenal general. I won every battle and never lost a man. It was amazing. During this, I took courses to become an Obscurer, and I was an amazing one at that, being both a water and lightpotentia.

Eventually, they reassigned me to go undercover and work for a Preserver who was part of some sort of classified project. I was to offer my services as an Obscurer, since many were for hire. The Destroyers pulled some strings, and I got the job.

His name was Mr. Green, and he was a telepotentia. His wife was powerless, and his daughter was a Seer. Apparently, his family was a part of Project Revived. It was a way to try to contact phantoms, and his daughter had gotten quite close to achieving it. According to the data collected, people with rarer powers had gotten closer than others. At the time, Annalise was the only known Seer. So she was taking a crack at it. Another Destroyer, Willow, would come and get any information I had on the project. I told her a lot, and I'm pretty sure she knows as much as I do.

I was undercover for over a year, but there was one problem. I fell in love with Annalise. She was so small and kind and happy. I didn't want to hurt her. I was planning to stay with the Destroyers, but I never let them get close to hurting Annalise.

After tons of internal debate, I finally decided to burn Project Revived's files, to ensure Annalise's safety. I grabbed the files and went out to an alleyway to burn them. But curiosity took over, and I looked through them. I saw how to make the ritual happen, how many times Annalise was succesful. All of it. I did burn it, and lied to the Destroyers about the fate of the files. I continued to work undercover, and over time my feelings faded. She new I existed, but she didn't really like me. One day, Annalise was brought to the house by Kaz, dead.

More and more circled into my head, but I had no idea what to feel. I now knew how to do the ritual, but it might not work. I discussed what I had learned to Claire and we decided to sleep on it. Jackson was spitting out hate and curse words at us, saying it wasn't our buisiness. I went to sleep, whole life seeming to be a lie, and spiraled into a restless sleep of nightmares.