The Absolute Worst Plan I Have Ever Had

I scooted back.

WHAT ON EARTH!

Right where I had touched the necklace, a small milky white pearl had appeared, exactly how I had envisioned it.

I'm surprised you don't have another power

Her voice echoed in my head. I had another power. It's not really helpful, but hey I am gonna look FABULOUS and SPARKLY.

Sparkle-teen

The thought ran through my head before I could stop it. Kaz never fails to annoy me.

"Phenomina."

I was shocked. Almost no one called me by my code name. I was nervous and grabbed a blow dart gun from off my shelf.

I opened the door and saw a tall man with many military badges on his uniform.

"Is this Phenomina?"

"Yes."

"I regret to inform you that the war has escalated and requires you to go into battle sooner than we anticipated. Core will meet you at the landing bay to take you to your battle grounds. You will be known as Phenomina again, to protect your identity in war."

"I understand." I paused, still worried it could be a Destroyer in disguise. "Who are you?"

"That doesn't matter."

"No, it does quite a bit."

"You have to trust me."

"I just met you!"

"Please, Phenomina."

"Stop." I raised my blow dart gun to shoot, when their skin started to change. I promptly shot them in the neck and they collapsed. I was taken back a step.

"Core?" I whispered.

"Nia, quickly. The Destroyers invaded this base, I'm taking you to a different one for your safety. Plea-." Her eyelids fluttered. "Run." Then she passed out.

"Frick." I said. I couldn't trust anyone, but I had to save my friends.

An idea popped into my head, a ridiculously dangerous one, but it could work. My only options were getting captured or escaping on my own, on the run with no one. I could not survive, I wasn't good in the outdoors.

So I got captured.

~dramatic time skip~

I woke up in a jail cell. I quickly morphed into a horse and shrunk like Kaz taught me. I escaped under the door and ran around looking for my friends. I found Core, Boulder, and Claire pretty quickly.

"Does anyone know where Sophie is?" I whispered, growing stressed. This all seemed too easy, none of us were chained up or suspended in any way.

"No, but I need to get a few others out." Core said.

"Do you know where they are?" Boulder asked.

"Yes, they are down that hall."

I sighed. "Fine, but be quick, meet us back here in 15 minutes."

Core nodded and ran off.

"OK, next-"

"The next thing you will do is surrender." A ominous voice said.

I whipped around and saw none other than Jackson, the person I had risked my life and my friends to find.

"Jackson."

He snarled. "It's Wavelength."

"You know something I want to know." I shifted back to a human.

He looked behind me. "I don't suggest you move any further back, Boulder. You and I both know who is stronger."

I glanced back to see Boulder facing the hallway Core went down. "You can take me, but let my friends go."

He laughed. "Wait, you REALLY thought that would work?" He shut his eyes and created a blinding beam of light around us. "If you step through it you will be greeted with me setting off the alarm. Then, you die." He said dramatically.

"Oh, well then you have plenty of time to tell me about Annalise."

Jackson's eyes widened. "You-" he stuttered. "You aren't supposed to know about that."

I was actually taken back. I unlocked something forbidden. I have to act quickly and assertively in order to get any information out. The ONE time I can't mind read because of the STUPID restrictor.

"It's classified." He looked at me in a daze. Boulder attempted to escape again, but that snapped Wavelength back to the present. "ARGH! You're prisoners!" He pulled the alarm and a group of people came running. A young girl wearing all black with cropped, brown hair and ice blue eyes came running, wielding a long scythe. She was closely followed by a black boy with long, gray hair wearing baggy clothes with an axe. They arrived and promptly cuffed me and Boulder and Claire.

We were about to be escorted away when someone ran through Jackson's wall of light.

"Oh ____. I missed all the action."

It was Naomi.