Pain and More Pain = Pain

The plan was simple. Kind of. If I could do the ritual, the best place to do it would be the Element Tree, which apparently is a tree infused with the eight elements infused within it. Angelina was going to take me dimension hopping (yayyyyyyyy) and hopefully contact Heather and Naomi. We were also bringing Jackson, who also could potentially do the ritual, but it was more likely I could.

Thinking about this made me wonder if this was why Kaz's mind kept breaking and cracking. Once she got to be a futurepotentia, it stopped.

Wait, if Kaz and Onyx are futurepotentias, doesn't that mean that they can see if this will work or not?

"Kaz, can't you look into the future to see how this will all work?"

"That's not how it works. We wait for visions to come to us."

"You could try. We didn't know shoving mental fire into someone's mind was possible until you cracked."

Kaz stiffened. "It isn't possible, I've tried."

"Are you sure, maybe-"

She snapped. "It isn't possible, Phenomina. End of discussion."

This took me back a step. Kaz is usually open to things like this and trying new things. I started to have a slight panic attack, but I'm OK. I'll always be OK. We are broken, aren't we?

I asked Onyx.

"Sorry, but it isn't possible."

"Please, can't we try?"

"Theoretically, yes. Someone must be able to do it, but Phoenix and I can't."

"Why?"

Gust stiffened up. More secrets. "A vision I had. One day the full secrets of the potentia will be unlocked."

Then it was over. Gosh, I thought it was my job to help them fight. They do have someone trailing me all the time, same with Claire and Jackson. The guy following me is actually pretty nice. His name is Navy, a waterpotentia. He was a black guy with an afro which he always wore a navy headband over. Navy almost always wore black and white sweats, even when it is super hot (also, we don't have to wear the same clothes anymore! Kaz has a dry cleaner!!! YES) He wasn't nearly as powerful as Jackson, but his specialty was creating mist, something which is apparently extremely hard to do. Navy is pretty chill, but he's kinda weird. He stutters whenever I talk to him, but never around anyone else. He also blushed a lot, which is weird, but whatever.

Apparently, he's also coming with us. The day of dimension hopping arrived. Angie, Jackson, and Navy met me at my cave. Jackson (the lucky stiff) got released from constant surveillance because of an unclear reason. While we were out and about, Kaz would be sending small attack groups to try to cause as much commotion and damage as possible to Destroyers' bases, buying us time.

If I do stay with the Fighters, I am considering joining the Recruiters. They go travel the world, looking for potentias. I think I would be very good at it, mainly because of mindreading. I've been giving myself small bits of training that my Destroyer mentor gave me, trying to improve my telepathy. Not much has happened, but I have noticed that potentia minds are different from normal people. The thoughts of humans are more clear and loud, whilst potentias are scattered and come more in visions than humans. It would be better than asking, HI, ARE YOU BROKEN AND HAVE RECEIVED POWERS?

"You ready Phenomina?"

I honestly am not used to being called Phenomina. Phoenix says they do it here because if there was a spy, they couldn't use any personal information from any past life, like taking a family member hostage. Not that my family matters, but that's a different story.