Its Only Two Days

Evangeline~

Grey is doing much better than he was last week.

His bruises have almost fully healed. Every cut he had, has scarred over. Those stitches on his shoulder are almost invisible.

It's almost as if nothing happened.

"I don't want you to go." I hug Grey, in efforts to keep him from leaving.

"I'll be back before you know it Eva." He kisses my cheek, before pushing me away.

"Hang on," I look him up and down. "I have to soak it all in before you leave."

"Babe, it's two days, and as soon as I get back, you and I are going on a date." He tells me, and disappears into the airport.

KlineCo is expanding, more than I thought they could. It's still so difficult, trying to balance my love for Grey and his family, and our rivalry.

My parents are getting sick of me talking about all of the things KlineCo is going to do, and how I'm just going to let them.

I don't want Grey to get involved in my work, but there's absolutely no reason we both can't sell things, and not have to bitch about it.

I drive down the familiar highway to my office, but all I can think about is the fact that this is truly the furthest i've ever been from Grey.
• • •
"Good morning Ms. Wright. Somebody sent you flowers. Callum brought them up to your office just a bit ago. Is there anything I can do for you before you head up?" Angelica, WrightLen's secretary asks me, a smile glued on her face.

"Oh that's so sweet. I'm alright. Thanks Angelica!" I cheerfully say, heading towards the elevator.

Thirteen floors up, and I'm in my office. Callum already busy typing away on his computer.

"Good Morning," He begins. "You seem happy."

"Very happy." I tell him.

"And why is that?"

"I don't know. It's just one of those days."

"I see. I'm sure Angelica told you, but you got flowers."

"She did. Who are they from?" I ask, checking the tag. "Oh my god," I can't help but smile even more.

"Grey?" He asks.

"Grey. Jesus I already miss him." A rosy color washes over my cheeks.

Grey is the sweetest. Such a gentleman, all of the time. He knows just what I like, and how to make me smile. I'm so in love with him.

"Is he out on business?" Callum questions.

"Until Wednesday."

"I see. Well, until then, you have three business meetings, and a Gala we have been asked to attend."

"This early in the week? There's never Galas on Mondays and Tuesdays." I say, confused.

"It's one your parents are putting on. Tomorrow night."

"God they love to make things difficult." I laugh.

"That's what parents are for, right?" He chuckles with me.

"Right."