Just Like The Pink One

Grey~

I don't know where any of it came from, but I meant every word.

Evangeline is my person. She's my other half.

I think about what Oliver said, a lot. I'll know I really love her when it's the little things she does. When I'm constantly trying to get her attention, but not wanting to bother her, or seem too clingy. When I adore everything about her. Even her flaws.

"Has Evangeline talked to her parents yet?" Brinley asks me, as I show Blake pictures of Eva and I.

"She's going to. Soon." I say.

"That sounds like another lie." Oliver says.

"It's not my job to babysit her. She's an adult."

"Just remember, if it bites her, it bites you too."

"I know."

I swipe through more and more pictures of Evangeline. Blake is mesmerized by all of her elegant gowns.

"Aren't you going on a business trip next week?" Oliver questions.

"I'm supposed to. I don't really want to." I laugh.

"You're really rocking this whole CEO thing." Brinley smiles, jokingly nudging my shoulder.

"Momma, can I go to work with Grey?" Blake questions.

"Probably not sweetheart. Grey has lots of adult things to take care of." Brinley takes her daughter off of my lap.

"I wouldn't mind taking her in actually," I smile. Blake squeals.

"Grey are you sure? There's tons of stuff, expensive stuff, that she would have her hands on," Oliver second guesses me.

"Let's do this," I squat so Im eye to eye with Blake. "There's a Gala on Friday, and I need a pretty girl to come with me," Her eyes light up. "If it's okay with your mom and dad, you could come with me."

"Please!!!" She sweetly says, smiling up at her parents.

How could you say no to her?

"That sounds like a pretty good idea." Brinley smiles.

"Go right ahead." Oliver tells his daughter. She runs into my arms, and squeezes me tight.

"Does that mean I get to wear a pretty dress like Eva?!" She exclaims.

"We could get you a dress just like Eva's."

"Like the pink one?!?!" She gasps.

"Just like the pink one." I smile, picking the little girl up.