Is That A Promise?

Grey-

I check my hair in the mirror. I want to make sure I look at least half way decent, and not like I'm stressing. Which I am.

"What time does she get off?" I question, stepping out of the bathroom.

"Since schools out now, usually a little later. Probably around 6." Ambrosia tells me.

"God, I'm so nervous. There's no reason I should be this nervous, right?"

"Right. Toughen up. She's going to be excited to see you. Especially with how things have been going at work. And with her parents,"

"Wait what's been going on with her and her parents?" I ask.

"That's something you have to talk to her about. Not me. She should be home any minute. I'm heading out. If I see her on my way, I'll stall for a minute, so you can get yourself together. You two have fun." She smiles, and walks out of the door.

I look around Evangeline's room. Not a single speck of dust, anywhere. Her bed, all white, with grays and blacks hidden in there. A photo of her and her siblings on her bedside table.

On her wall, simplistic art. Pictures of her and her friends, from what looks like high school. Prom pictures. Beach pictures.

I wonder what high school Evangeline was like. What were her passions? Her goals?

Before she gets here, I want to make sure that I look presentable, one last time. But before I know it, the door is unlocked, and I sit down on the couch.

She and I make eye contact. She drops everything in her hands, and just freezes. All I can do is smile.

"What- How- I thought- Oh my God." She smiles wide, and runs into my arms. "How'd you get in here?" She questions, hugging me tighter than I thought she could.

"Ambrosia and I have been planning this since last week." I tell her. She smiles even wider.

"I missed seeing you so often." She relaxes in my arms.

"I missed holding you." I claim.

"I'm going to go change, but I'll be quick. I swear." She practically skips into her bedroom. Another surprise waiting for her.

Rose petals sit on her bed, with a new blanket awaiting her.

"Grey, did you do all of this?" She asks, leaning her head from around the door.

"All for you baby." I tell her. She smiles, and hides
her face in her hands. The door to her room slowly closes. I look around her apartment. It seems very, Evangeline, like. Not in a bad way, of course. But it's exactly what I expected it to look like.

"Jesus Christ. Just when I thought you couldn't get any better." She looks down at me from behind the couch. I look up at her.

"Can I kiss you right now?" She asks.

"Go right ahead." I smile. Her familiar lips touch mine. She pushes away.

"I saw that you guys are launching new jewelry next week."

"Yeah. I wanted you to see it before we put the add out last week, but,"

"Well, I think it looks great." She smiles down at her hands.

"Do you wear that ring, to work?" I ask her.

"I can't. For obvious reasons, but I always have it on me. In my pockets usually."

"I can get you one in a size that fits." I claim.

"No. I like it big. I like that it's yours."

"Okay. The option is always out there though." I smile, her lips so close to mine.

Then she crashes her body into mine, almost knocking the wind out of me. Her body between my legs, my hands in her hair. The couch isn't big enough for the two of us.

Before I know it, she's lifting my shirt over my head, and I'm playing with the strings of her sweatpants. Her body curves into mine, and I pray that she can't tell how much she's turning me on right now.

"I'm so glad I'm alone with you." She smiles between a kiss.

We fall onto her bed, I want her closer to me. She plays with the button of my jeans, unbuttoning them like she can't get them off faster.

"I want you to take control. And be rough." She smirks, as I lower her pants. Soft moans already creep from her mouth.

"I am going to memorize every part of your body with my lips." I tell her.

"Is that a promise?" She asks.

"Absolutely."