Two Days

Grey~

Dinner went, much better than expected. I walked into it, tense, unaware of what was going to happen, but now, I feel more free than I ever have in my entire life.

In two days, I meet her parents. Now that we are officially, and actually, dating, it makes me ten times more nervous.

Although her parents may or may not know that Evangeline and I are now what most would call an "item", it doesn't mean I don't still have to please them.

Speaking of this event, I have no idea what color scheme we're wearing. I call her.

"Can I call you back, in like, twenty minutes? I'm about to pick Rose up from the airport?" She questions.

"Right, I forgot. Call me when you can." I tell her. She almost immediately hangs up.

I wonder how it feels. Your best friend moving thousands of miles and countless hours away from you. Oliver has been by my side since day one. The farthest we have ever been is when he and Brinley were on their honeymoon.

I know Evangeline enough to know that she can handle things on her own. She's been handling a million dollar business for three months now, and there hasn't been a single divot in their sales. She's incredibly talented, and is smarter than any nineteen year old I know. Not to mention, she also handles college classes, and maintains a 4.0 gpa.

My parents, adore her. Personally, I think that Evangeline makes them wish they had a daughter. I don't know how I'm going to tell them that Evangeline and I are an actual couple now.

Considering my parents reactions to our kiss, my mother seems very happy, my father however, has been incredibly skeptical, especially after what we pulled. Angry even.

I sit down on the couch in my office. Planning, and sending emails. I'm designing something. Something special, that I wouldn't even tell my parents that I'm making. I think that they may kill me.

"Grey, we have a visitor for you in the lobby." Isabelle buzzes into my office.

"Send them up." I say.

"Will do, sir."

About three minutes later, I hear a light knock on my heavy office door.

"Come in." I tell them.

Two woman walk in. One of them, I don't recognize.

Must be Ambrosia.

"I thought we'd stop by on our way home." Evangeline smiles. I ache to kiss her.

"You must be Ambrosia." I say to the other blonde woman.

"That's me." She shakes my hand. "I've heard plenty about you." Ambrosia smiles, looking at Evangeline, a light shade of pink.

"Is that so?" I smile in the direction of Evangeline, who seems to be avoiding eye contact.

Ambrosia leans closer to me, her face getting serious, the smile that I was sure was tattooed to her lips, drops.

"You hurt her, and I promise you, nobody will hear your screams." She tells me.

That smile that disappeared into thin air, goes back on her face, like nothing just happened. But I'm 95 percent sure that she just threatened me.

"Rose, we gotta get going." Evangeline says, her hand reaching into her back pocket.

She hands me a small piece of paper, and kisses my cheek. I lightly kiss her cheek, as she walks away.

I hesitantly unfold the paper, afraid of what it may say.

"Black. We are wearing black to the event. White tie please!" The note reads. I pin the note to the cork board behind my desk.

Two days. I have two days.