Chapter Seven: Era of Transitioning

A/N: sorry for such a late upload !! i've been so stressed with school and there has been a lot going on in my personal business. summer is coming up and i'm glad that i will finally have time to continue writing so no more extremely slow updates !! thanks for understanding and enjoy :DD 

Gen's POV

Gen was following Senku around, simply helping him with minor errands. In the back of his head, he was concerned for his own sister. In this stone world, at least she would notify somebody, right? It was absurd, but he wanted to respect her privacy.

It wasn't until he looked up to the bright blue sky where a streak of smoke was seen.

"Senku, do you see that line of smoke over there in the distance?" Gen pointed it out, indeed there was a streak of smoke.

"Yeah, so?" He questioned, picking his finger into his ear.

"You know, that could be..." Gen said.

"Your sister? Yeah could be, but I believe she's responsible for herself, if she wants to go back she would. I think you yourself should be aware of this, even if you stated it yourself."

"Thing is, she probably wouldn't know how to light a fire from scratch. All she has done so far was train and train."

"That could just be the other side...wait. Hold up, but then it's too close. So it's either, they're waiting to ambush us, or are watching from up close." Senku commented, striking a thinking pose.

"That's precisely it, my dear Senku!" Gen said.

"Do you guys see the smoke over there? If that is (name) I am taking no chances! She could be in danger!" A voice hollered, gradually getting closer and closer as the sounds of running feet crunched on the leaves.

Gen craned his neck toward the voice, it was Kohaku. "Wait, wait, wait... Kohaku don't run into there rashly, do you have a plan at least-"

"And if I said no? Well I won't!" She yelled out, sprinting past the two boys.

"This lioness." Senku tsked, before sprinting after her, drastically slower than the lad.

Gen shook his head in dismay, before running after them, catching up to Senku. Unfortunately, the blonde female was too fast for them. Gen struggled to keep up the pace, wondering why (name), if that was really her, ran so far away from the camp. Maybe she knew they would search for her, although it was more of Kohaku's intention, and she actually wanted privacy. Whatever it may be, the only thing that clouded Gen's head was to prioritize her safety.

He knew that he wasn't the best younger brother before. Negligence wouldn't be the word to describe it, but rather it was the ... whole ordeal to protect a sibling.

Gen struggled to keep up with Kohaku, it was taxing to run such a far distance. Senku also struggled, having to stop in the middle of the jog to catch his breath. "How much stamina does that woman even have? It's frightening."

"I dunno, but if (name) really is in trouble. I do hope she gets there in time." Gen commented, with genuine concern.

-

The two men took their time to reach the site of the origin of the smoke. Only to find it deserted, they found Kohaku surveying the area, checking out the footprints left behind thanks to the rain.

"Hey guys, you better come check this out." She ushered the two to come, still looking down at the footprints.

Gen and Senku came over to her side, peering down at the footprints, analyzing it closely.