Chapter Five: Closure

Ukyo's POV

Ukyo didn't really know how to feel about the female lying beside him. He would think of her as a potential companion, one he can sit and chat with after patrolling, but she can also be viewed as a menacing threat to his well being. At least, physically.

From his perspective, despite not spending much time together, he can tell she was quite a softy, and pretty childish at times. He didn't mind of course, she hasn't done any harm at all, but rather he was pleased to spend time with her at all, considering the intense atmosphere at Tsukasa's Empire. The woman beside him was like a getaway from the stress and anxiety of war.

Unlike the dark haired female's brother, she was quite easy to read like a book. At times she would put up a hard front, a wall. But as she gets comfortable the girl would show her more vulnerable sides. Overall, she seems to be the most open type of gal which he knew from her interviews from numerous reporters.

He sighed, and turned over his side to face the female who was oddly silent for a long time. All the white haired male heard were her small shallow breaths.

Her chest rose up and down; she was sleeping peacefully underneath the stars. Silly girl, for her to be so tired yet still had the guts to meet up with a guy she had never met before, even crazier that he was from the opposing side. She looked more vulnerable than ever, quite naive for the female to sleep at this time.

Ukyo observed her features. She had long black hair that fell below her shoulders and pinkish cheeks and lips. Her lips. Ukyo shook his head and turned away, flustered that he was staring at the woman at her most vulnerable moment.

The male sighed and fell back on his back once again, only to meet with the darkening sky. The stars bid their farewells and snuck behind the approaching gray matte clouds.

Oh. It's going to rain tonight.

Ukyo had to take action, he couldn't leave Sleeping Beauty behind to get soaked. He nudged her gently in an attempt to wake her up; however in vain, it was hopeless. He was incredulous that such an alert person could just fall asleep so easily.

The former sonarman thought it was crazy for her to leave herself so open, knowing she herself probably knew that she was a deep sleeper herself. And indeed, this caused quite a conflict for him. He sighed, knowing he had no other choice and with that he kneeled beside the sleeping female, lifting her up to the bridal position. Ukyo was used to carrying people in this position as he was involved in emergency relief and had to hoist people up to stretchers or carry them from destination A to B.

The thunder roared pushing the two visitors out of their territory, the heavens were in a blind rage against the two.

It was a race before time. The cold and rain could both make them sick, and with limited technologies, medicine was unavailable. This would prove deadly if they were to fall ill. Ukyo, with (name) in his arms, lightly ran across the forest. His familiarity with the geography came to his aid and scouting proved to be useful at times. Ukyo knew of a cave nearby that would shelter the two from the harsh rain and wind. (Name) was sleeping soundly in his arms, shifting from time to time. The yellow dressed man wondered how she slept so comfortable with conditions like this.

Soon enough, droplets began falling from the sky, followed by the howling winds engulfing them. It started to rain harder over time, almost pouring. Ukyo was desperate, he had to reach the cave fast, only a few meters up ahead past the stream.

The stream. An obstacle he absolutely forgot. How was he supposed to jump over it with the weight of this girl? He thought to himself, as he skidded to a stop in front of the calm flowing water. At this point, his hat was completely soaked, rain drenching his clothes. They were already wet either way, but still, for the sake of (name), he took a deep gulp of air and prepared for the leap. Clutching (name) tighter, he embraced for the jump, and did so, crossing the stream successfully, barely. He almost lost his composure and almost tripped in the process.