Chapter Six: Spurious Affection

( a/n: sorry for the short delay, i was busy w school work and clubs,,, anyways happy reading !! thanks for understanding :) !

Kohaku's POV

The blonde woke up to the drip of water falling upon her cheek. She groaned, wiping her face subconsciously. She looked at the top of her tent, only to find that it was insecure, but she couldn't complain since it was a temporary makeshift tent.

She stood up from her sleeping bag, which it would be called in the modern era, well more like 3700 years ago more accurately so; twisting her body right to left to loosen up her muscles, getting ready to greet everyone in the camp. She emerged from her tent, greeting the familiar faces who were up already, Kinrou and Ginrou, Senku, Chrome, and Suika.

"Rise and shine lioness, I hope you are ready for the long day ahead of you. You know the plan right?" Senku asked, raising his brow.

"Of course, today is the day where we finally take ourselves to claim back the nitric acid. Am I wrong?" She grinned.

"Ten billion points. Hope you're ready; if you don't mind, wake up (name) will ya? I find it off that she hasn't woken up yet at this time."

"Now that you mention it, you're right. She's usually the one who wakes up the earliest, well, at most times. Sometimes I find her snoozing off on certain days, especially whenever she goes to clean up the observatory, which I find odd considering it shouldn't take up too much time." The female observed.

"Right, and she always goes to bed the earliest."

"I'll go check just in case, maybe we are jumping to conclusions too fast." The blonde assured, before waving off Senku. She began to trod to the martial artist's tent, anticipating an exciting 'Good morning!' filled with enthusiasm. But to her surprise, as she waved off the flap of the entrance, you weren't there. Before her eyes she saw the bed was empty, as if the female disappeared into thin air. Kohaku widened her eyes, stepping back, turning to sprint over to Senku.

"She's not here! She's gone." Kohaku yelled in alarm.

"Eh? What's the ruckus here?" The mentalist appeared from his tent, yawning.

"Your sister pretty much disappeared from her tent, and I don't think she is anywhere to be seen." Kohaku replied in slight distress.

"Don't worry. She can take care of herself." The two toned man commented, folding his arms together. He gave a reassuring smile that left Kohaku confused. The female just stood there not knowing what to say. She just stared at the fellow.

"Eh? Okay, I know that, but following her patterns, I don't think she would wake up at the dawn of morning and randomly disappear without a trace."

"Maybe she just wanted a change of pace."

"You really are an absurd, vague man." The girl scoffed, waiting for the man to be more straightforward.

"Give her some time for solidarity, I think she shouldn't be cooped with constantly training and preparing for this war. And..." He paused, thinking about the next words he was about to utter. "... It's not healthy for her. I know I can't directly read her mind, but as her brother, I can notice the subtle details of her discomfort. To her, it may as well seem as a 9 to 5 job." The man shuffled a bit, emphasizing the job comment.

"I have no idea what a 9 to 5 job is, but what you're saying isn't nonsense, and I feel like I have been pushing her a bit much." Kohaku realized, only knowing the harshness of constant training day and night. Although (name) was more experienced and physically up for the training, she hasn't really considered her mental state. (Name) was always so enthusiastic and cheerful.