Chapter Four: Stargazing

a/n: 

song mentioned in this chapter is 'dive back in time' from link click! this song highly inspired me and i recommend for y'all to watch the donghua. it's so underrated. 

--

It was the next morning, and the team was anticipating to carry out their mission to rescue Chrome.

You woke up, and met up with your best friend, Kohaku. You both enjoyed a seafood breakfast and proceeded with your morning exercises. Who knew the day would come where you'd actually have to go into real combat, you felt physically prepared but perhaps you weren't mentally ready for the showdown, especially the face off with Tsukasa and Hyoga; they are formidable enemies and you shivered at the thought.

Kohaku noticed your wavering nervousness and gave your head some light pats. "I thought you were the bold and brave type, (name). Turns out a skilled warrior like you goes through the phase of anxiousness." She snickered.

"Please, you give me too much credit. I am also a human being, I have feelings too. But besides, I don't fight people for the sake of war, but rather for the thrill of competition and maybe as a form of relieving stress but that's besides the point; I'm not used to this, but I guess I'll adjust one way or another." You scoffed, and lightly nudged her in the shoulder. "Aren't you nervous too?"

"Partially yes and no. I want my revenge on Hyoga; gonna kick his ass the next time we meet." You can see the fire burning in her eyes, the eyes that speak for themselves. Her aura became immense.

"Save your enthusiasm for the battle, Kohaku." You laughed.

"Right, right. I'm going to go scouting and monitor the area." She dismissed herself and left the vicinity.

You nodded, going about your business. You wandered around, curious what the rest were doing. Some were cooking food on camp fires, Kinrou and Ginrou were honing their fighting skills, Kaseki was working on his Steam Gorilla, and Gen worked on improving his impersonating skills with Senku at the sidelines. He received training from the mega fan Nikki, you would have helped as you were a big fan yourself, however you were too busy with training with the others.

It was pretty amusing, he was cracking up every now and then but if one were not a Lillian stan, heck even if they were they would not have been able to differentiate the two voices.

You took a deep breath, taking your right foot backwards in the stance where you were about to sprint. Closing your eyes, you began to mentally prepare until the small voice of Suika pounded into your ears.

"Everyone! Detective Suika went on an expedition to find Chrome. I found him! He is safe and well. Problem is that he is confined in an open area; it seems that... that there are many traps!" The little girl exclaimed.

You opened your eyes and turned around towards the voice. She wasn't that far away and was sprinting towards the camp. The others stopped with whatever they were working on and turned towards her, heading to the direction of her voice.

Your feet started to move on their own. "That is great news Suika! You are reliable as always! Good job. With that we can go save Chrome."

"Didn't you hear her? There are traps, but it depends. What kind of traps?" Senku asked, twisting his finger in his ear yet again.

"Well, when I came across Chrome, there was a big big open area of land! And I saw a hole with bamboo spikes coming out. There are probably more hidden I believe." She answered, fiddling with her thumbs.

"Tsukasa must have thought that we were going to build an automobile of some sort. That's the Tsukasa I know." Gen added.

"And so? Although we intended to use the steam gorilla to save Chrome, maybe we can create those shields Senku made and work our way around to save him." You suggested, crossing your arms.