Chapter One: Revival

What can the void be described as? It's endless, a pitch black of spiraling nothing-less abyss. You weren't sinking, nor were you flying. It's been like this for who knows what. Until it came, seeps of light flooded into your never-ending abyss.

It felt immensely strange, the sensation was like when you're peeling a face mask off; a hard one at that. The first piece of stone to break was at my eyes. You could see the world. You did a quick scan of my surroundings, it was a sight you had never foreseen. There were hills everywhere; green, just green as if nature claimed her land from civilization. Next came my neck, torso, arms, legs, and then the rest of my body. You fell from your position, gasping the air that surrounded me. The suffocating stopped. You felt rigid, and pondered: how long has it been?

Your train of thought was interrupted by the voice beside you. To your left stood a male with spiky hair, his choice of hair style looked pretty absurd if you were going to be frank. "Hey, welcome to the stone age." You cocked an eyebrow upward, confusion drawn on your face.

He socketed his ears with his pinky, facing towards you, "Basically, you had a great slumber thanks to this unknown petrification. It's been about 3,700 years since then."

The white-green haired male offered his support to me, you took his hand and got up, dusting myself in the process. "I have many questions brewing in my mind. I am incredibly confused."

"We'll fill you in along the way. I'm Senku by the way, the scientist and I guess the chief of the village here. For now, we have assigned a guide for you. You may recognize him-"

"My my, if it isn't the courageous woman who flew from the states just to see her amazing, spectacular brother."

You turned around, the voice clicked an impulse to just smack their head. It was none other than your arrogant, annoying little brother.

"Ah, it's you. That infamous mischievous mentalist, or so that you call it. Asagiri Gen." You replied, crossing my arms. "I believe you were the one who has revived me on this sacred ground?" You teased back.

He shoved me playfully, and you returned the favor. The air felt awkward as the two realized Senku was still there.

"Ah so you never bothered to tell me Gen, that this woman here was your sister. Pretty obvious by your interaction. Either that or you are just close friends. Either way, this works in my favor, you guys have no problem being with each other." Senku yawned; he seemed pretty much sleep deprived. "I see now why you wanted to specifically revive her. Have fun, we'll leave you two be with your sibling reunion."

Senku trotted down the slope and made his way back to the bustling village. It was a beautiful sight. You haven't grasped the scenery fully as Gen distracted you quite a bit. After he left the proximity, you went in for a big bear hug, suffocating the duo colored hair boy. "It's so great to see you in all seriousness. I can't believe our reunion would be 3,700 years later. That's crazy."

He hummed. "Mhm."

We stayed in our deep bear hug for a moment. After a few moments we separated; Gen gasped for breath, "Your hugs are tight and suffocating as ever." He laughed, and you laughed along.

Now was your time to interrogate him, you wanted to know more about this world and how it came to be. "Why was I revived now? How did you guys revive me? What's going on? The world looks so different. Has mother nature claimed humanity?"

He sighed the bombardment of questions overwhelming the fellow, "You idiot, as said, it's been thousands of years. We had to carry you over a long distance, you know. Plus," he paused for a second, creating eye contact. "We're at war."