Chapter Two: Intruder

Ukyo's POV

The gusting wind blew at the young male's face, it felt refreshing in this free world. Troubling enough, loneliness captured him into its den. Although he was used to solitude, he supposed there were some limits. Oftentimes, he would patrol the area surrounding Tsukasa's Empire for the sake and purpose of security; it was factual that war was currently ongoing with the neighboring kingdom. As a former sonarman, he was up to the task to report back any mishappenings.

He embraced the chilling wind, and sat snuggly on the branch towering above the empire. He was told to be on high alert in case any intruders from the neighboring village came to ambush us. Not like they could bypass his hearing; listening closely to the sounds within the ocean was a part of his former occupation.

Unfortunately, due to his sensitive hearing, he was able to pick up the sounds of a crashing clutter. The actions of what Tsukasa deems to be valid; crushing and damaging the statues of what used to be human beings hundreds of thousands of years ago.

It pained him. He couldn't do anything except to watch.

Crumble..breaking...rocks..was what he expected to hear.

Crunching and shuffling.

The sound of constant shuffling and absurd footsteps over by the graveyard. If it was the enemy, it would be reasonable to ambush currently at night. The white haired male took this as a signal to check it out, hopping from branch to branch as swiftly as he could. Bow and arrow at hand, he landed on a flat cliff looming over a great deal of land; a great area to scout out the terrain. He looked over to the clear area of the grave, the cross stuck directly on the center. Apparently, no one was there, not a single sign of life. His hearing picked up subtle shuffles from the right. And so these believed intruders were running for their escape, until these sounds came to an abrupt stop as if they noticed his existence.

The archer withdrew an arrow from the quiver and began to take aim, a warning that he gifted to his unannounced visitors. Bulls-eye. The intruder gave a yelp of surprise and they began to take a bolt for it.

A burst of smoke emerged. It was definitely from the Kingdom of Science. Amid the chaos of the smoke came the attack of constant yelling. He assumed they were running around to obstruct his sense of hearing and confuse him. Smart, one of them must be Gen who came with intel about the former sonar man's existence.

However, smoke and the strenuous yelling was in vain. The smoke can be used in his favor. With this in mind, he estimated the pinpoints of my target, firing arrows one by one; this wasn't to find a perfect hit, but in contrast the purpose was to avoid hitting them at all. Information and intel are important in warfare after all.

It wasn't until the smoke cleared up, the yelling stopped.

And there stood a boy a few years younger than him with determined eyes. The flag of surrender swung around him. Easy. Ukyo snuck up behind him, and tied him up to bring to the leader, Tsukasa. They both made small talk, his behavior showed that he had no will to escape, so the latter gave him ease by untying.

The thought of their appearance clouded Ukyo's thoughts. Why were they here? What is their purpose for being at the graveyard? His suspicions were aroused, this called for an investigation.

After dropping him off with Tsukasa, they decided to throw him in a cell to settle the interrogation for tomorrow.

Ukyo had to find out their reason for being here. With everyone asleep, he was sure he was going to make a swift attempt to check the graveyard out. He sprinted to the trees, the easier and faster route to my destination.