Chapter Three: Late Reunion

The automobile project was in completion after a couple of days. The others were working incredibly hard, and so were you and those training for the next battle that the team will face with Tsukasa's Empire.

After your training, it became tradition that you walk with Kohaku to the village to eat with the others. At this point, although it's been a few weeks since your arrival, you felt that Kohaku and yourself had created a strong everlasting bond. She helped you adjust with the lifestyle and village which was supposed to be your brother's job, however he was too busy entertaining himself with Senku. On your end, it didn't bother you a single bit; Kohaku's presence was comforting and you felt at home, a new home to reside in.

"Hey Kohaku, can you tell me about Tsukasa's empire?" You asked, as the two of you strolled around the wilderness towards the village.

"Hm, what exactly?"

"Like the most challenging foes, you know."

"Right. One time we were ambushed by Tsukasa's men. There was this guy who was leading the group, he went by the name Hyoga. He is astronomically challenging. Even though we had Japanese katanas, it was taxing to beat him despite having more people on our side. His spearmanship is, and I admit, crazy. He is basically Tsukasa's right hand man. And as for his left side— well there is Ukyo. I heard he got crazy hearing. Heck, he was the one who discovered Gen, Chrome, and Magma when they were trying to hide the phone. He was also the one who took Chrome, according to Magma."

You stopped on your tracks as the name 'Ukyo' slipped out of her mouth. Kohaku noticed and turned to face you. "What's wrong?"

You shook your head, "It's nothing. But, despite having encounters with the opponent, I feel like you have a great deal of excessive intel."

"Gen didn't tell you, huh."

"Tell me what?" Your feet began to move again, the latter followed you.

"That he used to be in Tsukasa's empire. His appearance was so out of the ordinary too; weirdest timing per say. At the time when Senku opened up a ramen stand, he was there just enjoying the ramen and we didn't even notice his presence until he wished for a bottle of cola." She snickered at the memory.

"Sounds like Gen alright." You commented.

"This is going to be a long story, here I'll tell you at the campfire and we can discuss it there." She said, running onto the bridge as she gestured for you to follow. You obliged and ran with her, your stomach crying in the process.

Night started to settle in and the fire was ablaze crackling as Kohaku started to continue about Gen's post-depetrification. Funny enough, Gen was sitting right next to you, listening all the way through.

"He practically came here with ulterior motives, it didn't matter to him about who was going to meet their ends; he wanted to stick with the side with the most odds of winning this war. He even left his potential harem for cola. And thus, he became a spy for us in Tsukasa's empire. Well sooner or later he was going to be found out and well he was during Hyouga's ambush." She had no problem speaking about him while being in front of the mentalist.

"I'm not disappointed nor surprised, that is literally Gen's character."

"Hey, you're really placing me in such a terrible light, maybe change your wording there." Gen sighed, shrugging his shoulders. The mentalist added, "It's survival of the fittest, I would do anything to survive in this stone world."

"That's fair. But I wish you told me everything sooner you dork. You are so vague and I feel like I have to watch over you so you don't do anything dangerous. I mean like your encounter and everything; what if you were shot or I don't know." You swung your arm around his neck playfully, with a line of concern drawn.