2.

Ny'jai hummed the lyrics to Soul Ties by Major Nine as the music blasted loudly in her ears from her airpods

Ny'jai hummed the lyrics to Soul Ties by Major Nine as the music blasted loudly in her ears from her airpods. Her stomach growled as she ripped the plastic off the noodle cup. Chuckling to herself, she poured water into the cup until it came just a little bit over the noodles before turning the water off. She put it in the microwave for 6 minutes because anything under 6 minutes was undercooked and unacceptable.

She leaned on the counter and began scrolling on instagram, patiently waiting for her noodles to be ready. Not seeing anything interesting, just as she was about to switch to tiktok the microwave beeped making her put her phone down.

She opened the microwave taking the cup out, dipping her fork inside making sure they were done to her liking. Satisfied enough, she began putting hot sauce, garlic, and onion powder inside of the cup before mixing it all together.

Hearing the door open, followed by many voices, she wished she had just stayed upstairs knowing it was Niko and his friends.

As hot as it was, she put a forkful of noodles into her mouth before seeing everyone walk pass the kitchen. She blew out a breath of relief when she seen nobody had noticed her but immediately cursed to herself when she realized she still had to walk pass them to go back upstairs.

Once she finished her noodles, she threw the cup in the trash before she fought the air. She tried her best not to have a mug on her face since she had a resting bitch face. She didn't want anyone thinking she was mean, not that she cared but its not an impression she always wanted to give off.

Looking in her camera for about 5 minutes trying to find a good poker face, she turned the camera off realizing how dumb she looked.

Fuck it.

She walked out the kitchen going towards the stairs causing everyone's attention to go to her.   "Oh this is my sister Ny- Dior." Niko caught himself almost calling her by her government.

"Hi." Ny'jai awkwardly stood there causing Niko to laugh, Ny'jai didnt find it funny though.

"Hey." The only girl in the living room spoke up first causing Ny'jai's attention to go to her.

She was very pretty.

"Wassup."  The 2 other boys in the room spoke. She noticed one of the boys, Ace, who was her brother's friend since elementary school. As long as her brother and him been friends she never met him, only heard of him. Whenever he would come over--which was rarely since Niko always went to his house --she was in her room the whole time.

Niko was still laughing at how akward his sister was, making Ny'jai snap her head towards him, and if looks could kill, he would be dead. "Whats so funny?" 

"You." He continued to laugh making her roll her eyes about to walk back up the stairs.

"What grade you in." The boy Ny'jai didn't recognize asked making Ny'jai mentally roll her eyes. She was hoping none of them was friendly enough to have a conversation.