prologue.

"Mommy look at my hair

"Mommy look at my hair." 7 year old Ny'jai laughed showing her mother her messy hair.

"Ouu girl you need to get that head done." Her mom, Taraj, ran her fingers through Ny'jai's afro.

Ny'jai was a mommy's girl, she was close to her dad but her and her mom was closer being that she lived with her mom while her brother stayed with their dad.

"Can you put it in 4 ponytails for me?" Ny'jai smiled up at her mom, loving whenever she got her hair done.

"Yea hold up let me use the bathroom." Her mom said and she sat on the couch waiting for her to come out.

After 3 minutes of waiting she eventually got bored and went towards the bathroom waiting for her mom to come out. She heard the water stop running causing her to run and hide behind the wall.

"BOOO." she jumped from behind the wall as her mom walked out the bathroom, attempting to scare her.

"Ahhh." Her mom faked screamed as she chased after Ny'jai into the living room and started tickling her.

"Okay okay stopppp." Ny'jai squirmed around as they both laughed.

"Go get the brush so I can do your hair." Her mom sat back down causing her to skip excitedly to her mom's room that was nearby the living room.

After about 5 minutes of looking for the brush she couldn't find it. As she was about to check the bathroom again, she heard a scream coming from her mom, followed by a loud noise.

Immediately getting scared, not knowing what time do, she hid under the bed and waited in the room for about 4 minutes before her curiosity got the best of her and she decided to peak out where she knew she couldn't be seen.

The way her house was setup, she had a view of the living room, so she could see what was going on but no one could see her at all.

Tears immediately filled her eyes as she seen her mom now laying in a pool of blood. She knew it was already to late too try to save her, not that she could do anything anyways.

Her eyes widened seeing 2 people dressed in all black with mask over their faces. She couldn't really see that well but she had a good enough view.

"What are we going to do with the body." One of them said. Ny'jai tried to see if she recognized the voices but she couldn't, it was muffled.

"Just leave it, but is the little girl here." The other person looked around , which caused Ny'jai breathing to become heavier.

"Ny'jai? She has school, She wouldn't be here." The other one said but they didn't know that Ny'jai didn't go to school today because she pretended not to feel well.

Ny'jai dad always picked her up after school on Fridays and kept her for the weekend so they wasn't worried about her at all.

Her mom and dad got divorced when she was 3, and has been co parenting her and her brother ever since. It was no bad blood though, there co-parenting went very smoothly and they got along very well.