Chapter 761 - Chapter 770

Start from the beginning

Before Wei Wuya and Master Sunreach further spoke, Han Li sighed and tactfully said, "Since I've acquired the Auric Essence, I will naturally participate in the wagered battles in seven days. Since the hour is late, I will be returning first. I must make preparations for the coming war."

Master Sunreach smiled and politely said, "I didn't think that Fellow Daoist Han would be such an impatient character. The war is important so it is only natural to want to prepare yourself. We won't keep you here any longer."

Han Li promptly nodded and saluted them before quickly heading to the hall's exit. But before Han Li could made his way outside, Wei Wuya stared at him with a strange expression and moved his lips, sending a series of voice transmissions towards him. "Fellow Daoist Han, on behalf of these Venomous Flood Dragon Scales, I will overlook the matter of you stealing away Fellow Daoist Nangong. As it wasn't meant to be between Fairy Nangong and my nephew, there was nothing that could be done!"

When Han Li heard this, he couldn't help but stop in his tracks. He then felt a wave of delight, and quickly walked out the hall without turning around. Once Han Li could no longer be seen, Master Sunreach and Wei Wuya glanced at each other in silence.

A short moment later, Master Sunreach slowly said, "What do you think? I found it truly inconceivable Han Li would actually bring out grade eight demon beast materials. Could it be in the time he disappeared through the ancient transportation formation, he acquired the complete legacy of an ancient cultivator? How else was he able to reach early Nascent Soul stage in such a short amount of time? Not to mention the many treasures he possesses."

Wei Wuya wryly smiled. "It is possible! But this has little to do with us. He is not the only person that has inherited ancient cultivation arts and ancient treasures. Having such a rare chance is a truly envious matter. Don't tell me you're thinking about killing him to take his treasures?"

Master Sunreach chuckled and shook his head. "Kill him? Brother Wei can sure tell a joke. Let alone during a time of war, this can't be done during peacetime either. Based solely on his ability to escape a Moulan Divine Sage, I'd be stirring up trouble without reaping any gains. Besides, his treasures may be precious, but would they allow me to breakthrough to Deity Transformation stage? Besides, the Heavenly Dao Union and those pair cultivators aren't easily trifled with."

Chapter 762: Spirit Talisman

As Wei Wuya and Master Sunreach remained behind and had a casual discussion about Han Li, the person in question had already arrived outside. To his surprise, Han Li caught sight of Dong Xuan'er.

The woman was standing outside the hall with a lowered head as if she were thinking about something. The cultivators standing guard had ignored her since she had arrived with Devil Cloudpart.

When she saw Han Li arrive, it stirred a reaction from Dong Xuan'er. She wore an odd expression on her face and appeared to be at a loss. A trace of resentment could also be faintly made out.

Han Li felt somewhat bewildered and couldn't make much sense of the matter. Regardless, Han Li promptly walked past her as if he hadn't seen her and slowly walked towards the distant street. She simply stood in place, biting her lips, and watched Han Li in silence as he left.

After making a turn, he sensed her gaze had left him, and he shook his head with a frown.

Silvermoon's puzzled voice echoed from the back of his mind. "Master, you recognize that female cultivator?"