Never judge a book - Part 2 - Robb x Reader

"Ow! Sansa. Will you please be more careful with those pins." (Y/n) complained, as Sansa stuck her for what felt like the thousandth time.

"Well, if you would keep still, (Y/n). I might not keep pricking you." Sansa replied. Sure that she had stuck herself as many times as she had (Y/n).

"I can't help it. This thing is so tight and uncomfortable. I don't know how women wear this all the time. I swear I can't breathe. Anyway, I thought that we had finished it." (Y/n) explained. Feeling that the tightness of the gown's bodice, was going to cause her to expire at any moment.

Arya and (Y/n) had gone to Sansa and explained about what had happened. About what the three boys had said. The oldest female child of the lord and lady of the north, agreeing to helping the two to prove the trio wrong about (Y/n). Yet as (Y/n) stood there, looking at herself in the long mirror, she was beginning to regret it. The kraken knowing that the person looking back at her, well, wasn't her. Yet if this was what she had to do to prove her brother wrong. To prove Jon, and most of all, Robb wrong. Then she was going to have to do it. But once she had proved that she could be as much of a lady as any other, then she would go right back to being herself. And if Robb still thought that he would never want a girl like her, then so be it.

It was true that (Y/n) had loved Robb for as long as she could remember. That she would give anything to be his. To have him love her, as much as she loved him. But if it wasn't meant to be, then it wasn't meant to be. And if Robb couldn't accept her for what she was, see that she was perfect just the way she was; then perhaps he wasn't the man for her.

"We did. We have. I just wanted to make a few little adjustments, then it will be perfect." Sansa assured. Smiling as she placed in the last pin. She herself wanting to do her best to help (Y/n). To prove that Theon's, Jon's and Robb's comments, had been wrong. Cruel. The older she wolf determined to make her brothers, eat their words.

"You look beautiful, (Y/n)." Arya said, as Sansa turned (Y/n) around to face her sister. The kraken doing her best to smile as she continued to shift awkwardly, in the uncomfortable garment.

"Arya's right, (Y/n). You do look beautiful. Now all we have to do is put part two of the plan into action." Sansa agreed. The young Greyjoy watching as the wolves smiled at one another. (Y/n) not sure what they had in mind, but if it made the boys regret what they had said about her, then she was happy to go along with it.

                                                    >>---------------------------------<<

"What do you mean, (Y/n) isn't going?" Robb asked, as Jon told he and Theon what he had overheard Sansa and Arya speaking about. That (Y/n) had heard them talking about her that day, and was now refusing to be seen at her brother's name day celebration.

"Well, if she doesn't want to attend, she doesn't have to. I doubt that I will notice. There will be far more important things on my mind. Anyway, I would have thought that (Y/n) was tougher than that." Theon scoffed. Finding it hard to believe that his sister would take anything that they had said, so seriously. The kraken sure that normally it would just make (Y/n) more determined then ever, to be there.

Robb couldn't help but feel guilty. He hadn't meant anything by what he had said. He certainly hadn't meant to hurt (Y/n). That was the last thing that he ever wanted to do. When he had said that he couldn't see himself with a girl like her, it was more that he had meant that he couldn't imagine a girl like (Y/n) wanting anything to do with him. That (Y/n) was beautiful, wild and free. Not scared to be who and what she was. A young woman that could have anything, or anyone she wanted. So why would she give her favour to him.

"Theon! Don't talk that way. (Y/n) should attend your celebrations. She is family. Maybe I should go and talk with her. Explain........."

"Now you know that's not a good idea. You know that she won't listen........" Theon interrupted. Well aware that if his sister was angry with them, then the best thing to do was stay out of her way until she had calmed down.

"And Arya said that (Y/n) doesn't want to see us. Any of us." Jon sighed. The young Snow, just like Robb, never meaning to hurt (Y/n)'s feelings.

Normally, he and (Y/n) were good friends. She was different to Theon. She listened to him. Spoke to him as if he were an equal. As if he weren't a bastard. And she was always good to him when Catelyn was at her coldest towards him. He was the only one that (Y/n) had even trusted with the secret of her affection for Robb. Telling him that Arya was really too young to truly understand. That Theon would hate the notion that his sister was in love with his best friend. And Sansa had her head too full with the notion of courtly love, to fully appreciate how much real love could hurt. So many times, Jon had thought about telling Robb how (Y/n) felt for him. Yet he had sworn to never say a word. Even when Robb had said all those things, Jon felt as though he could not break his oath. But now, (Y/n) was hurt, and wouldn't even see him.

"(Y/n) will change her mind. You'll see." Theon insisted, despite the fact that deep down he had a feeling that this time, he might be wrong.

                                                     >>--------------------------------<<

"I can't do this Ayra. I feel ridiculous. I look awful. Everyone is going to laugh." (Y/n) groaned, as she dropped onto her bed. The Ironborn princess staring up at the ceiling, wishing that she could just crawl up under her covers and sleep the night away.

Sansa and Arya had helped (Y/n) into her gown. The young Stark having to admit, that her friend looked even more uncomfortable than she felt in her own dress. But they had come this far. She and Sansa had let Jon overhear that (Y/n) wasn't going to be there at the festivities. So, when she made her grand entrance looking every inch like the beautiful woman that she was, all the men would regret their harsh words.

"(Y/n), you look wonderful. And no one is going to laugh. And we were doing all this to show our brothers that they were wrong. But we can't make them regret what they said, if we don't join the celebrations." Arya reasoned. Smiling as (Y/n) sat up and slowly nodded her head.

"You're right, Arya. Let's go show those boys what an Ironborn princess can really do." (Y/n) replied, as she got to her feet. Holding out her arm for the young she wolf to take. The pair making their way to join the rest of the family, and the guests at the celebration.

                                                    >>---------------------------------<<

Robb sat at the table. The celebration had already begun, and the great hall of Winterfell was full of family and guests, all happily talking, laughing and drinking. Yet Robb didn't feel much like joining in. If (Y/n) wasn't going to be there, then he really didn't want to be there. She always brought something to these occasions. She always brought her infectious laugh, a smile that could light up the room like a thousand burning torches. And a sense of fun, that made these things so much better. Yet this time, none of that would be there.

"Are you alright?" Jon asked, as he offered Robb a glass of wine and then took a seat next to him.

"Yes. Fine. I just wish.......I just wish that (Y/n) had changed her mind." Robb sighed in reply. Taking a drink from the glass in his hand.

"Robb......about (Y/n). I.........I think that there is something you need to know. Maybe I should have said something before, but I promised. Though now, I.........." Jon began. Feeling that if he told Robb about (Y/n)'s secret, then he might be able to go and fix the problem and persuade (Y/n) to join them. His words interrupted as the doors to the hall opened to reveal (Y/n) and Arya. Robb dropping the wine glass to the floor as he got to his feet. The young wolf not able to believe what he was seeing.