Kai turned back and looked at her angry eyes and thought of a few more conditions on the spot. "Also, you will be respectful to me for the full week. You will not look at me with your defiant eyes, or talk to me with your sassy tone. Everyone who sees us together needs to believe you are really happy. Do you understand?"

Maddy nodded and looked a bit defeated at his new conditions. Nothing could have made Kai happier. He loved this defeated look on her face. "So break up with your boyfriend tonight. And you and I are dating next week. If I see you two talking or touching or anything, my father will have Jungkook moved before the week is out."

Maddy had started breathing hard as the reality of the situation had started to set in. Kai was so happy to see that she finally felt afraid like she should have been feeling all along. "Kai, I'm going to be gone for the whole weekend. But I will break up with Jungkook before school starts back on Tuesday. I'll be your girlfriend all week next week and we can go to the dance on Friday. But after that, we are done, right?" The desperation in her eyes and in her voice calmed Kai. This is exactly how he liked people to talk to him. "It will be over and you will leave me alone? You will tell everyone that you broke up with me or something? And you promise not to have your dad move Jungkook after that?"

Kai nodded, "Yes, that is the plan. After the dance, probably Saturday morning, I'll post on social media that you were boring or something and I broke up with you. And I don't care what you do after that. I'll be done with you. But you can never tell anyone about our arrangement, ever. Do we have a deal?"

Maddy felt like she was making a deal with the devil but she nodded. "Yes, we have a deal."

Kai looked at her with his smirk, "Should we seal the deal with a kiss, Babydoll?" He leaned in.

Maddy's defiant eyes looked back at him, "No."

Kai felt like slapping her, he seemed to always feel like slapping her. He pointed at her face instead. "That is the last time you tell me 'no.' You had better be much more congenial next week." Maddy started to walk away but Kai grabbed her arm, "Oh, and pick out a pretty dress for the dance, I have fairly high standards for the girls I take out. Something sexy and formed fitting. Short. Oh and I like cleavage. In fact, text me a picture before you buy it so I can approve it. See you next week, Baby."

Maddy was shaking before she was two steps into the hallway. The bell rang and energized students came pouring out of all the classrooms, so excited for their weekend. Maddy felt like she was in a fog as she put one foot in front of the other and walked out the front door of the school and headed toward home. She felt herself starting to cry with the realization of what she was going to have to do. Tears started to drip down her cheeks as she slowly and methodically walked home. Her breath was raggedy and as she approached her house she knew she needed to pull herself together before entering.

She wiped her cheeks with her hands and took deep breaths. She tried to put on a smile as she entered the house but her mom knew her too well. "Oh Madison! What is the matter Sweetheart?!" Her mother came right over and enveloped her in a hug.

Maddy tried to hold it together, "Oh, someone said something that wasn't very nice to me. I guess I let it get to me. I'll be okay."

Maddy's mom looked at her warily, "That isn't like you. You almost never take things personally when people are mean. What did they say?"

Maddy knew her mom was perceptive, she needed a believable lie, "Oh, it wasn't something about me. They said something mean about Jungkook."

Maddy's mom nodded with understanding. "You are always such a good friend. Well, I hope you can put it out of your mind and have a nice weekend camping."