Chapter 22

Jungkook hopped in his car and went to get Rina. As soon as she got in the car, he realized this might be a mistake. He took one look at her and had no desire to kiss her or touch her. She was pretty and she was dressed cute. But when he looked at her, he felt nothing.

Rina put her purse in the back seat and picked up a little plastic bag from the floor. "Oh, yum, candy bars! Can I have one?"

Jungkook was starting to feel physically ill. He wanted to say 'No!' that she couldn't have Maddy's candy bars. But he knew he wouldn't be sharing chocolate with Maddy anymore. So he just said, "Yeah, sure."

Annoyingly enough, Rina ate the chocolate bar like a normal human being. She wasn't excited about it at all. Jungkook wasn't even sure she was enjoying it. It seemed like a waste to eat chocolate and not really enjoy it.

When they got to Jungkook's house, he took Rina's hand and led her to his bedroom. Her hand felt wrong in his. It made him think about a hand that always felt perfect in his hand, one that he loved to hold. He let go of Rina's hand as quickly as he could once he got her into his room. Honestly everything about this felt wrong, but he needed to do something to get rid of all this pain. He needed this distraction, he couldn't possibly think about Maddy when he was with another girl, right?

Rina knew what she was getting into and she started stripping right away. Jungkook grabbed a condom out of his nightstand and pulled his pants down to his knees. But because he wasn't interested in Rina, he was not at all ready for a condom.

Rina offered to help. She kneeled down in front of him as he sat on the edge of the bed. He closed his eyes and tried to let her distract him. But he just felt ill. What the hell was he doing? After a minute or two, he seriously thought he was going to puke. He jumped up and pulled up his pants and ran to the restroom. "Give me a minute," he called.

Jungkook stood in the bathroom giving himself a pep talk. He needed to push Maddy from his mind. He needed to think about pretty Rina in his room ready to pleasure him. But fairly quickly he knew this just wasn't happening. Great, now Maddy has ruined my sex life as well as every other aspect of my life. He knew that wasn't fair, but that was the way he felt in the moment. He pulled his phone out of his back pocket.

JK: Hey Jimin, can you get Rina out of my room and take her home? I owe you.

NoJams: Oh, good choice! I bet that made you feel better. No problem. I got you covered.

Jungkook stood in the bathroom for a while. He fully admitted to himself how immature it was that he was hiding. While he stood there, he looked in the mirror and saw how terrible he looked. He was pale and he had bags under his red-rimmed eyes. He slapped his cheeks and told himself to 'get it together man!' But he was just as miserable when Jimin's text came through.

NoJams: Alright she's gone, the coast is clear.

JK: Thanks man.

---

Monday morning Maddy had taken extra care with getting ready. She had put on a little bit of make-up, which she rarely wore. She had curled her hair just a little so it was a bit wavy and put it up in a pretty clip. She got to school and waited by her locker, watching for the brothers to arrive. There was a group around her, as usual, and she tried to keep up with the conversation, but she was sure that they noticed she was distracted today.

Another boy asked her out on a date but she again had to tell him she only thought of him as a friend. It was always this way when she got to a new school. After being at the school for a few weeks the love confessions started coming in. For some boys, she was the first girl to be kind and friendly to them. So many of them thought they were in love with her. She had a lot of experience turning down confessions and requests for dates. She had thought maybe Jungkook's hugs and hand holding would keep the boys at bay. But with him absent Friday, she wondered if it made her seem more available.