Chapter 25

Jungkook woke and checked his phone that was charging on the night stand. It was 3:00am which is around the time when he usually left Maddy's bed and headed home. Jungkook tried to gently slide out from under her to get out and head home but she sweetly grabbed his shirt. "No."

Jungkook chuckled. How is it possible for someone to be bossy in their sleep? "I have to go Maddy. I'll see you at school."

Maddy whimpered and his heart broke a bit. She mumbled in her sleep, "Kookie, pleeeese stay." She still had ahold of his shirt.

He didn't want to deny her anything after the last weekend. Plus her bed was really warm and he didn't want to let go of her either. Maybe just one more hour. Jungkook drifted off to sleep again.

Jungkook awoke to movement and sounds coming from downstairs. He sat up with a start, looking at his phone. It was 5:30am. "Shit shit shit shit shit," he whispered. His shoes and coat were on in a flash and he was gone out the window and down the tree. He ran across the courtyard, out the gate and across the street to the playground parking lot. As he was getting into his car and starting it up he could swear that it was Maddy's dad who drove by looking over at Jungkook getting into his car. "Damnit! Of all the stupid ass things to do. We are so screwed!"

Jungkook quickly drove home and once he was in the door, he breathed a sigh of relief, way too soon. He walked across the living room as Tae came down the hall from the bedroom headed to the kitchen. Sleepy Tae stopped and gave fully dressed Jungkook a confused look. "Where are you coming from?" When Jungkook didn't answer, but had a cringe face as he walked by to his bedroom, Tae added, "You stayed out all night? Where were you? Did you stay with Maddy?! She let's you sleep over?!"

Jungkook was surprised to hear Taehyung didn't know about the sleepovers. He had been confronted by his oldest brothers but Tae hadn't been in on that conversation. Hopefully Tae didn't make it as big of a deal as the older brothers had made it.

---

Before school, Maddy was chatting with Minje, Dalrae, and Juwon among others when Tae grabbed her into a hug and pushed her back into a locker. "I'm protecting you, Sweet Girl. There is someone on his way down the hall that I think is determined to give you a back hug. We'll hold your back against the locker to protect it."

Maddy giggled as she looked up at Tae, "You know how much I love his back hugs, Tae. I've been waiting for days." Maddy glanced down the hall and saw Jungkook walking towards them but he looked to the side and stopped. She saw him approaching Rina. Maddy's eyebrows came up in surprise.

Tae was determined to keep her attention though, "Madison, you and Jungkookie are just friends, just like you and me right?"

"Mhm. Yeah, we're friends." She was watching the interaction between Jungkook and Rina and becoming increasingly annoyed. She knew she had no right to be annoyed or jealous. As Tae had just pointed out, Jungkook had only ever said he was Maddy's friend. They had never even kissed on the lips. But as she watched him with Rina, logic went out the window and jealousy entered. Jungkook and Rina rarely interacted at school but after what Maddy heard from Kora, she knew they were close. This fact, in addition to their tight conversation happening at the end of the hall, annoyed her to no end.

"I want a sleepover with you too, Madison" Maddy snapped her attention to Tae. He continued, "I love to cuddle when I sleep, when can I get a turn?" Luckily he had said all this quietly enough that no one but Maddy heard in the noisy hallway.

Maddy frowned at Tae, "Gosh Tae, where is this coming from?" Her annoyance at the conversation down the hall showed up in her voice.

Tae gave Maddy one of his smirking looks, "I saw Jungkookie come home this morning and I thought I could have a turn too."