Chapter 31

After a weekend of watching romantic comedies, Jungkook thought his brain might turn to mush. It wasn't that he didn't enjoy most of them. But after five or six, the story lines started becoming intermixed. Was it Mean Girls where she dressed in pink and chased her ex to law school? Several of the movies had a 'back in time' theme or alternate reality like the one where the Beatles no longer existed or the one where she was in a coma but could still talk to the guy living in her apartment. 

But he had to admit, lying around all weekend with Maddy in his arms had been the best. He felt like he had recharged his batteries all weekend. And he was really glad she was recovering so well from her surgery. 

Jungkook had run home on Saturday afternoon and picked up clothes and bathroom supplies for the rest of the weekend and for school. He now had a stash of extra clothes and pajamas in one of Maddy's drawers in case he needed them.

It was currently Monday morning and a little weird to be getting ready for school at Maddy's house. He had his backpack and uniform and they had spent some time on Sunday doing homework. Maddy's mom had made them a nice breakfast, packed them each a lunch, and she had asked Jungkook to be sure people didn't jostle Maddy in the hall. She gave them each a hug and a kiss on the forehead before they left. To Jungkook it felt weird, but in a really nice way.

Maddy did fairly well during the first part of school but, even though she sat out of PE, by lunchtime Jungkook could see she was exhausted. He grabbed her hand and led her to his car, "I'm taking you home." He was ready for the fight she would give him. But when it didn't come, he knew he made the right decision. If she didn't have the energy to fight him, she certainly didn't have the energy to be at school.

Maddy texted her mom saying 'Jungkook is making me come home.' And when they arrived, Maddy's mom looked him in the eyes and said "Thank you so much." Jungkook walked Maddy up to her room while her mom fixed her a tray for lunch. 

He sat on her bed and ran his hands through her hair brushing it off of her face. "I have soccer practice after school but do you want me to come over after that? Or do you think they want me to stay home tonight?" 

"Stay one more night at least. I'll let you know if I hear differently." Jungkook kissed her forehead and headed back to school eating his lunch in the car on the way back.

---

Jungkook was at soccer practice while Maddy was eating dinner with her parents. She had taken a long nap when she got home from school, so she was feeling refreshed. Maddy's mom was praising Jungkook to her father, "He noticed she was tired and brought her home."

"He was bossy, he didn't really give me a choice." Maddy complained.

"And you had no energy. I saw how exhausted you were when you got home. He was right." Maddy's mom defended Jungkook. "Your father and I were glad we got to meet a couple of Jungkook's brothers. Taehyung seems like a really friendly boy."

Maddy nodded, "He is, Tae is a sweetie pie. Oh that reminds me, they want me to go on their family camping trip in a couple of weeks. It is on the three day weekend. Tae said I don't need any camping gear, they have all of that." Maddy hadn't decided if she wanted to go yet. She didn't even know the answer to important questions, like if there were bathrooms or how bad the mosquitoes would be. But she thought she would tell her parents now in case she decided to go. Maddy looked up to see both her parents frowning. "What?"

Maddy's dad looked at her mom then back to Maddy before he spoke, "I think I can speak for both your mother and I when I say that we are not comfortable with you going camping with seven boys."

Maddy looked from her mom to her dad and back again, "Why?"

Maddy's mom spoke now, "Because teen girls don't go camping alone with seven boys."