𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑜𝑛𝑒

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☀︎ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ( 𝙱𝚁𝙴𝙰𝙺 𝙵𝚁𝙴𝙴 )
𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄: 𝐀 𝐕𝐈𝐒𝐓 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐓
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄
❝ 𝑖 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑡𝑎𝑘𝑒𝑛? ❞

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☀︎ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ( 𝙱𝚁𝙴𝙰𝙺 𝙵𝚁𝙴𝙴 )𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄: 𝐀 𝐕𝐈𝐒𝐓 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄❝ 𝑖 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑡𝑎𝑘𝑒𝑛? ❞

ALL WHAT WAS left for Valentina to do, was to stare down onto the table. Everyone seemed to be silent. Natasha tried to call for her, but Yelena quickly dismissed her. Alexi pushed his seat out and to see if he can do anything.

Valentina knew this so called "reunion" failed miserably. There was a moment of exchange between Melina, Natasha, and Val. Nat pushed herself from the table and began to walk towards the kitchen. Valentina immediately followed right behind her as she ponder where Natasha was going.

Melina shot her head up as the two girl walked away, "Where are you two going?"

Natasha paused and her head slightly moved to catch a brunette following right behind her, "I'm going to do this myself. While, Tina is going to stay here, safely."

Her eyebrows furrowed as her head tucked in, "What? No, I'm coming along."

Natasha fully turned around to meet Val's eyes. Her hands gripped around the side on her shoulders. Natasha glimpse up and down at her. Valentina was just staring at her eyes while her stomach had a feelings that wasn't the most familiar.

Their eyes connected again, "No. You are going to stay far from the Red Room."

Natasha started walk away. Valentina brows knitted with her jaw dropping slightly, following Nat, once again, "No, I'm coming. I can deal with them."

"No," Melina cut in, "Don't. Neither of you will survive."

"I wish I could believe that you care," Natasha's voice sounded flat, "You're not the first mother who abandoned me."

"No, you weren't abandoned," Natasha froze along with Valentina, "You were selected by a program that assessed the genetic potential in infants."

Natasha came closer to Melina. The two gazed in each other eyes as her voice soften, "I was taken?"

"I believe a bargain was struck and your family paid off. But, you mother, she never stopped looking for you," Melina told the truth, "She was...She was like you in that way. She was relentless."

"What happened to her?" Natasha barely spoke above a whisper.

Valentina sighed and hesitantly glanced up and down. Valentina decided to leave as Melina went in detail with Natasha about her mother.

She wanted to be respectful. However, she also wanted to get away; she wanted to hide. She wanted to have someone to talked with. She wanted to know her parents. She wanted to know how she became to who she was. She wanted too much.

To many wants, she wanted. How greedy could she be?

Val had to constantly remind herself how just getting out of Hydra was enough. She had all the answers. Yet, the answers kept revealing question.

Questions that ponder Valentina's head day and night. Almost teases her how she can't figure out everything she needs to know. Nightmares that's taunt her.

When was the last time someone told her the answer to the question she needed yet it didn't fully answered her. It took her travel location to location to still feel empty.

Melina being Natasha's 'mother' telling about her really mother. Made Valentina realized how she doesn't understand herself.

Valentina swung back and forth in Melina's backyard. Her foot tapped on the dirt with her eyes gazing into the endless sky. Her eyes shut for a minute hoping whoever was looking back at her would tell her the answers she wanted.

Suddenly, lights flashed on the house with helicopter surrounding the place. Valentina jumped out of her seat and silently tried to slip herself inside the house.

The lights were off as she couldn't find anyone. Silence roamed the halls she wander in. Her eyes transformed colors with black smoke running through her fingers. She was attentive to the smallest of movements.

She walked around with her head snapping to all different directions. A hand forcefully yet somehow gently wrapped around her wrist.

Val snapped to where the person was and tried to shot an energy blast at them. However, her mind was blocked and nothing came out. She struggled to be release herself from the person. With her other hand formed into a fist. Then, she swung her fist into the person's face.

"Ow," A response came out.

Valentina was about to throw another punch, but the person stepped into the light.

"Melina?" Valentina was a bit surprised.

"Eh," she responded, "Can you become invisible or camouflage or something that makes you less noticeable."

"W-why?" She asked, "Besides how can I even trust you?"

"Well, it's all part of a plan."

☘︎︎
A/N
i'm so sorry how lame and short
this chapter was but at least another
update that's makes sense for the plot