𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☀︎ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ( 𝙱𝚁𝙴𝙰𝙺 𝙵𝚁𝙴𝙴 )
𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐓𝐖𝐎: 𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐓𝐘 𝐂𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐈𝐒
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑
❝  𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤 𝑖 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤 𝑖 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑏𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑖𝑑
𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑒𝑙𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑤ℎ𝑜𝑙𝑒 𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒 ❞

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☀︎ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ( 𝙱𝚁𝙴𝙰𝙺 𝙵𝚁𝙴𝙴 )𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐓𝐖𝐎: 𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐓𝐘 𝐂𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑❝  𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤 𝑖 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤 𝑖 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑏𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑖𝑑 𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑒𝑙𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑤ℎ𝑜𝑙𝑒 𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒 ❞

VALENTINA THOUGHT HOW from the distance she was, how tiny everything was. The grass swayed back and forth, the wind howled, the rivers ran—it was the image Valentina would always dreamed of running around, her laughter filling the air, her hair dancing around the wind. Her lips curved into a smile as she recalled her memories. Her left hand pressed against the window she gazed into it.

"What's gonna happen to your friends?" Valentina head snapped to where Bucky was. His head bowed down in guilt.

Steve sighed as he knew the fate of the Avengers was lost, "Whatever it is...I'll deal with it."

"I don't know if I'm worth all of this, Steve," Valentina released her hand and the coldness in her finger tips quickly disappeared as she took her seat.

Was she really worth it? Valentina killed more people who were innocent. She tried to kill Steve and he is saving her? Shouldn't it be the opposite? Why would Steve and Natasha save Valentina. She knew Bucky was worth everything. He couldn't done anything, but she could've. She could've escaped when and saved the other soldiers and witches. The guilt haunts, tormented, destroyed her.

Guilt was glued to her no matter what she does.

"What you all those years, even you Valentina, it wasn't you. You didn't had a choice," Steve tried to comfort them.

"I know, but I did it," Bucky told him.

Valentina sighed the trip would be long—five hours in case. She stood up walked past Bucky and stood next to Steve. She studied the controls. All the buttons, switches, there was only one button she was looking for.

"Val?" Bucky's head finally snapped out of his gaze, "What are you looking for?"

"We are already starting this trip badly, we something to cheer it up. We can't spent five hours in silence," Valentina eyebrows raised in excitement as she pressed the button she was trying to find

Bucky saw Valentina pressing a button and instinctively ducked and covered his head. His eyes and whole body tensed for less then a second.

A long, long time ago—music? Bucky relaxed his muscles as he song the lyrics to the song. A chuckle from Steve escaped as Valentina sat back down.

"Out of all the songs it has to be this one?" Valentina rolled her eye as Bucky asked her.

"Me and Natasha were the last one to use this Quin Jet and Natasha also thought of putting on music. She really loves this song, I don't know why," Steve explained.

"Valentina won't shut up with this song too," Bucky started to tell Steve, "She hear it once at a mission and then, boom! All of the sudden she knew the lyrics—literally."

Valentina rolled her eyes as she lip sync the whole song to American Pie.

He doesn't understand why she loves the song so much. She heard it only once at a mission when she was young, maybe eight and somehow, there was a click. The eight-minute song just stuck on her and the lyrics seemed to be a tattoo in her brain that was just covered up.

The song just gave her that warmth feeling. That warmth energy trapped in her chest she needed to breathe. That part was an essential function she needed during her times in Hydra. With or without the track, she would just mumble the lyrics and that was one of the reason why she was able to just to live.

Often, she would hum the song and shut her eyes. She let go of her body and all her nerves and dreamt of the place she could go far, far away. Even though she "escaped" in her dreams, it would get awfully lonely so being the little girl she was, she imagined new friends.

The song brought more comfort then anyone could've ever given to her, during her times of torture.

So bye-bye, Miss American Pie, Drove my Chevy to the levee, but the levee was dry.

Valentina sang the rest of the song and repeated the song too many times.

☘︎︎

Valentina stretched her neck over the window to spot snow, just snow. The water was ice, the grass and plants were covered in snow and when the wind howled, frost followed its trail showing where it will go.

The the view of the landscape became larger as Steve flipped some switches and the jets power made the snow flew away.

Buck got out of his seat and pulled a drawer loaded with different types of guns and choose one.

Valentina stood by the exit of the Quin Jet as Steve was there too. A red and white truck stood in front of the entrance of her first Hydra "home."

Valentina knee was bouncing back and forth as she was more nervous then she thought she would be. Bucky finally joined.

"You remember that time we had to ride back from Rockaway beach in the back of that freezer truck?" Steve asked him out of the blue as he looked at him.

"Was that the time when we used our train money to buy hot dogs?" Bucky stared back at him with a questioning face.

"You blew three bucks trying to win that stuffed bear for a readhead," Steve and Bucky both smiled at the memory.

The two chuckled as Bucky asked, "What was her name again?"

"Dolores, you called her Dot."

Bucky started to shake his head in realization, "She's gotta be a hundred years old now."

Valentina took a step out into the freezing air and snowflakes already appeared on her hair, "Both of you are old now. Let's start, I thought this was a mission and now I know I have been third-wheeling this whole time."

Steve placed his hand on top of Bucky's shoulder and shake it as the two laughed. They both followed Valentina as she lead them to the entrance of the base.

It was fairly close and she stopped before entering the huge red doors. Her eyes traveled up and choked back a bit of her saliva.

"He can't have been here more then a few hours," Steve commented.

"Long enough to wake them up," Buck told him.

This was going to be much harder on Valentina then she thought.

☘︎︎
A/N
ugh i haven't updated in forever
i'm so sorry!! please comment, vote,
and share! ghost readers hurt honestly.
love ya