Chapter 15: Not Zayn

Comenzar desde el principio

"Nice meeting you girls," he said. Katherine and he left for the pick up area.

"You don't need to take my bag. I can carry it," Katherine said.

"It's no trouble. Besides, if you're tired enough to be a bit rude, I don't think you can carry your bag with out a cup of tea," he said.

"Yes I can. I'm perfectly capable of carrying my own bag thank you." Harry and Katherine got to the streets.

"I know you are, but I'm trying to help considering you're a bit grumpy." Katherine glared up at Harry.

"I'm not grumpy, I'm just tired."

"Then you should have slept on the plane!"

"I was too busy being a terrible and horrid creature with you! Besides, I can never sleep on planes, regardless how long I'll be on one," Katherine said. A black car pulled up to where Katherine and Harry were standing. "That'll be them." Katherine's father and step mother came out of the car and gave Katherine a hug.

"Katie darling! Oh we missed you so much!" Marilyn exclaimed. Katherine looked at her dad, who was glaring at Harry.

"Who's this ugly mug? He seems very familiar," he said. Harry stuck out his hand for Katherine's dad to shake.

"Harry Styles, sir. It's a pleasure to meet you," he said.

"Wait, Katie, is this Scruffles?" her dad asked as he shook Harry's hand.

"Scruffles?"

"No dad. That's Harry Lloyd. And be pleasant." Katherine's dad went over to their bags and started to load them in the trunk.

"Fair enough. Why did you bring Styles with you?" Marilyn went over and opened the car door to talk to Bradley.

"Well dad, I always bring a bit of Style to the Moore household," she grinned. She imitated drum noises with a cymbal at the end. It got a chuckle out of her dad and Marilyn.

"Oh dear, you're so punny!" Marilyn chuckled. Katherine grinned up at Harry, who was just giving her a look.

"Good one Katie, now seriously, why is Harry Styles with you? More importantly, did he come here on his own free will?" her dad asked.

"Well, the chloroform pick up line came in handy. I mean, he does love me enough to chase after me after confessing our love for one another and come meet my family," she said. Her dad had a blank expression on.

"No seriously, what happened?"

"Actually, exactly that, well with out the chloroform," Harry said. Her dad stared at Harry for a bit.

"He's a Brit!" he exclaimed. He went up to Harry with a very serious look. "Just remember limey, we won the revolutionary war." Katherine was just about ready to intervene.

"Oh and may I remind you where your hard working settlers came from? Oh right! England, you Yankee," Harry said. Katherine and Marilyn looked to each other, both jaws dropped.

"Screw you! I'll compare navies, air forces, and armies with you any day, limey."

"That's fine. At least we could get the Olympics." Harry and Katherine's dad just stood there, staring at each other for a bit. Her dad looked over at Katherine with a big smile.

"Yep, he's a keeper!" he exclaimed. Katherine felt like she could breathe again.

"I thought I was going to have to tear you two apart!" Marilyn exclaimed.

"Well done Harry!" Katherine said.

"Mom, dad, can we leave now?" Bradley chimed in.

"Of course dear," Marilyn said. They all jumped into the car and began driving away.  

"So you're Bradley?" Harry asked the blonde kid next to Katherine.  

"Yeah. And you're Harry Styles. You're the reason my girlfriend dumped me. Well, one of the reasons," he stated.  

"You and Kathleen broke up?! I can't believe it! Why on earth did she do that?" Katherine exclaimed.  

"She said that I just wasn't enough of a bad boy. I told her I was never a bad boy. Then she said 'I'm sorry it's just every time I look at you I just think, you're not Zayn.' Still can't believe it."  

"Sorry mate. It doesn't sound like she was worth it anyways if she told you something like that," Harry said.

"It's not like there's much I can do now. I mean, you're not Zayn, so you can't crush her dreams so I can get her back. Katie, why couldn't you be dating Zayn?" Bradley asked. He was typing away on his phone.

"He wasn't available Bradley," she stated. Harry was a bit surprised.

"What, so if Zayn was available, you'd go for him?" Katherine looked at Harry with a tight smile.

"I'm sorry. It's just every time I look at you, I think, you're not Zayn," Katherine laughed. Harry and Bradley began chuckling too.

“And you wonder why you were single for so long.” Katherine’s dad looked up in the rear view mirror with a smirk.  

            “Katie, don’t make fun of your boyfriend and your brother, no matter how un Zayn like they are,” Marilyn said.

            “I love your family,” Harry stated.

            “I’m glad you do,” Katherine replied.

            “Hey! You don’t love us?!” her dad exclaimed. “Just because I’m not like Zayn doesn’t mean you have to point it out constantly.” No one could keep a straight face for the rest of the ride.