Chapter 13: Hallmark Movies

"Ah, it was such a mess. I shouldn't have gone right before my trip. My makeup is a mess because of me bursting into tears and not to mention I'm basically running away," Katherine said into the phone.

"Just like you always do! Seriously, just cancel the trip and spend Valentine's day with Harry. Bradley will be fine if you don't come for his birthday, right?"

"Maanvi, for the last time, I can't just cancel my trip home to rush into Harry's arms. I promised Bradley that I'd be there for his birthday. I have his present with me and the only way it'll get into his hands on time is if I pay a bucket load for shipping or if I go now. I've already got the plane ticket," Katherine said at the terminal. Maanvi had called about some SD card and somehow they got on the topic of the whole scene before. "And I don't always run away."

"Yes you do! You're terrified of a love story that you aren't writing. I'm sure your family will understand. You don't have to cancel, you just have to delay! Come on Katherine, you left him there, probably a bit confused, after this whole big dramatic confession of love! You didn't even kiss him or anything good like that!" Maanvi explained. Katherine picked up her bag and went over to get some food. Security had been more efficient than she had planned for so she had time to spare.

"I'm sure Harry will understand! This is the first time I would have seen my family in a year. I miss them," Katherine explained. Her phone vibrated against her face. "Hold on for a second Maanvi." She looked down at the text.

What airport are you flying to? It said. It was from Harry.

O'Hare, why? She texted back. Katherine waited for a reply, but it never came. She switched back to the call and looked for someplace in the airport that had good food.

"Who was that?" Maanvi asked.

"Harry. He was asking what airport I was flying to," Katherine answered.

"Ooh! Do you think he'll rush to the airport, buy a ticket just in time to board the plane? And when he gets there he'll be sitting in the seat next to you and you'll introduce him to your family? But what if your family doesn't like him and you two have to run off together? Since that'd be really romantic," Maanvi asked. Katherine laughed as she found a Chinese food place. She quickly ordered, paid, and went back to the terminal.

"Maanvi, my life is not a chick flick! I swear, if Harry shows up at my terminal, I'll eat my shoe or something," Katherine said.

"How about you write a book about you two and all of this?" Maanvi challenged.

"And if we break up I'll trash him? Hun, I'm not Taylor Swift."

"Fine. Write the book, but don't include the break up. Let it be a happy ending. And if he's at the terminal, you sell the rights to a script to Hallmark." Katherine stopped midstride at the proposition.k

"Hallmark? You know I'd never do that."

"I know. But if you're so convinced he won't show up, what's the harm?" Katherine's terminal was just up ahead.

"Fine. But if he's not there, you're making me dinner for a week," she said.

"Deal." Katherine approached her terminal. She let out a curse. Harry was sitting there, right next to where her coat was. He had a bag next to him and was looking around a bit.

"Hallmark it is Maanvi," Katherine said.

"Seriously? I had no idea that would really happen! This is so romantic!" Maanvi said from the other line. "I'll hang up now. You go get him!" The phone beeped twice. Maanvi had hung up. Katherine walked over to Harry, trying to seem as angry as possible. He looked up and smiled, but it faded when he saw her expression.