Chapter 36: New Beginning

Start from the beginning

Looks like I appeared in the very start of Snowdin location.

- Hey, Paps, did you hear that?! - I heard some familiar, but still different voice. It reminded about Sans, but this one was much more... Enthusiastic and loud.

- You mean "Shit" and "No" thing? Yeah, I suppose I heard that one too, - answered another voice. This time it sounded like... Papyrus? But more cold and unemotional.

- Let's go check it out!

Shit...

After these words I immediately tried to hide behind one of the trees before these... Unkown to me persons noticed me. They're probably harmless, but I'm basically an anomaly in this universe, so it'll be better if I'll stay unnoticed.

Soon I noticed how to skeletons quickly approached my last location. Well... Sans-looking skeleton nearly ran over to this place while Papyrus only peacefully walked to... His brother I suppose. They were looking just like Sans and Papyrus, but their clothes were different as well as their attitude.

Sans was wearing some grey T-shirt and black shorts as well as long blue scarf and same coloured boots and gloves. His eyes were shining with bright blue color while his smile looked... Like natural smile. I mean, King Sans was smiling more like because he was forced to. But this one was looking like he was genially happy at almost all times.

Papyrus meanwhile was wearing orange hoodie and brown trousers while he was keeping his hands in his pockets at all times. But while Sans was desperate to see any sign of human somewhere here - Papyrus didn't care and was... Smoking? Can skeletons smoke in the first place?

- Ugh, he's gone! - Sans stated with little frusrtation.

- What's the matter? Do you think he got SMOKED out? - Papyrus tried to joke and blew a puff of smoke out of his mouth.

- What a terrible pun, brother! - Sans replied, - You should better concentrate on your job and find that person! He might be hurt!

- I got it, bro, - Papyrus answered calmly, - You can go now.

- But the human..!

- I don't think it was a human. I think it was a bird.

What

- Can bird scream such a things?

- Trust me. When I pick up the wrong cigarette to smoke - I can hear and see things much worse.

Is he smoking weed or something?

But Sans only rolled his eyes in annoyance and moved deeper in the Snowdin.

- Fine! But still at least try to do your job and look out for humans! We can't let any single soul get through without being noticed and captured by ME! Mweh-heh-heh!

- Sure thing, brother, - Papyrus only nodded, but then calmly walked back to his station while I was even more confused.

I suppose, Sans is some sort of Asriel here? And Papyrus is on Chara's place... Does that mean he actually knows about genocide and...

- Sorry to interrupt your hide and seek session, but I would really like to know who are you, - suddenly I heard Papyrus's voice that made me literally jump out of surprise.

- W-WHA?! - I shouted in shock and looked at skeleton that was staring at me with cold, but annoyed stare, - How did you know about me?

- I noticed how you was staring at us right from the beggining. Pretty obvious to be honest. But I think, my brother can wait a little bit before meeting a human. So I'll repeat my question, - suddenly he grabbed my soul with his magic and pinned me to the tree, - Who. Are. You?!

- I'm not your enemy! - I tried to answer, but he only increased the pressure on my soul.

- And what makes you think like that?! - Papyrus growled in rising frusrtation.

So... Papyrus is the judge here? Then he got to know about resets. And he can tell me more about their killer before human will fall down here.

- I'm here to help!

- Why do you think we NEED your help?!

- I'm here to help you with your human. With your very curse, - I said and these words quickly changed Papyrus's expression from frusrtation to shock, - You remember about it, right? About resets. About countless deaths of your own family?

- How... How can you know about such a thing..? - Papyrus whispered in just rising surprise.

- I'm here to help you with your endless tortures. But I can go away if you'd like to. It's your choice.

Papyrus wasn't even looking at me anymore, but just at the ground while still holding me with his magic. His right eye was still glowing with bright orange colour, but after a few moments it faded away while I just landed on the ground.

- I'm listening, - Papyrus coldly stated while looking at me with same cold stare. He was waiting for explanation.