Strider

Maeve runs behind the four Hobbits, making sure to stay behind them for safe keeping. She hears a shriek behind her and glances back. A lone Nazgûl seems to have caught up with them.

"Over the fence!" She hears Merry yell as he leads them towards the Ferry. "It's just up ahead."

  Maeve clears the short fence easily and continues behind the group. The Nazgûl finds a way around and catches back up quickly. As they race towards the dock the Nazgûl attempts to reach out and grab Maeve.

   She ducks and picks up the pace slightly. She found she could run rather fast if she tried. Still not out running the Hobbits though since she was suppose to be protecting them. The four Hobbits make it on the Ferry and start untying the knots.

"Go!" Maeve yells while speeding up even more. They push off the dock and yell for her.

"Come on Maeve!"

"Hurry jump!"

   Maeve gets to the end of the dock and jumps towards the boat, easily making it. She looks back to see the Nazgûl abruptly stopping and turning off. Meeting the others and riding to go around.

"How long until we get there?"

"Twenty miles." Was Merry's reply to Frodo.

   Maeve however was not paying any attention to the four. She was staring at her reflection in the river water. She looked mostly the same just for the very real elf ears on her head.

  How on earth am I here? This shouldn't be possible. Maeve was so lost and confused about what was happening. Why did she suddenly get transported into a whole different not even real universe?

  Don't get her wrong, this is something she's obviously dreamed about. But that doesn't mean it was going to happen. Maeve lifted her hands, grasping at her ears and tugging slightly. They were definitely real.

   Maeves only thoughts were how she was going to make it through this. She's not an actually elf you know. Though something about the sword in her hand earlier just felt right. She may make it through this journey yet.

    Five figures raced across the wet muddy road towards a gate. A knock had a man opening a little latch through the gate. First thing he sees is a hooded figure, unsure of their gender. As he stares the figure points downwards and he closes the top one.

  Opening a smaller latch he finds four Hobbits outside his gate.

"Four Hobbits and a human. What business do you have?"

"We wish to board at the Prancing Pony. Our business is our own."

"Alright youngin calm down, it's my job to ask questions after dark you know." The older man opens the gate for them and the group walks through. The four Hobbits trail in after each other and the hooded person follows in behind the group.

  The Prancing Pony was a crowded bar that smelt like sweat. Maeve moved around the Hobbits as they checked in. There were men everywhere and very few women around.

  Maeve was glad that she decided to put her hood up before coming into town.

   She walks up to the counter and taps on it, gaining the bartenders attention.

"What can I do for ya sir?"

   She simply points out the drink she had wanted and throws some coins she had found in her pocket on the counter. With a nod of her head she goes and sits with the group.

"He's done nothing but stare at you since we got here." Came Sam's worried voice as she sat down. She knew what was going on, Sam had finally noticed Aragorn in the corner.