Bonnie and Clyde- Nardo Wick

"Nigga what is taking you so long," I whine. I'm sitting on the couch in a random ass nigga house, waiting for Nardo to come hit his lick. "Chop Chop, motherfucka."

Nardo is on the phone with me, talking to me through my AirPods. In case this nigga try to actually fuck me, nardo got his ears wide open. Not like he can close them big ass things. The Nigga been opened his safe to get some money fa me, cuz I pretended to be a hooker. But nardo wanna take fucking forever to come hit this lick.

"Who you talking to," the nigga yells from the other room.

"Myself," I respond. My heart starts racing and my blood pressure spikes. If Nardo don't hurry up imma get shot, I already know.

"Crazy bitch," I hear him mumble. I know not.

"I know he didn't just call me a bitch," I whisper, purposely so that Nardo can hear. One thing he don't allow is me being disrespected. Please, Lord Jesus, let this lil boy hurry up.

"450," I hear nardo say. It means open the door. I go open the door and nardo stands in the door way. He puts his fingers to his lips as if to say keep quiet. I nod my head. I'm not dumb. I don't wanna get shot either.

"23," nardo whispers.

"Daddy, hurry up," I fake whine, trying to get his attention. Nardo stares like he wants to put a bullet in my head. I shrug my shoulders.

"I'm coming, baby girl." The Nigga comes in with a condom and some handcuffs. Nardo is hiding behind the couch. I go up to the nigga and grab the handcuffs, kissing his neck. I quickly handcuff his hands to the chair in the living room.

"45," I say and Nardo comes out. He smiles at me and wipes my lips before pecking them.

"Car," he tells me.

I go to the truck and get in, pulling out my phone. 23 means speak. 45 means its safe. Car means get in the truck. We use these signals to throw people off.

Minutes go by and nardo still ain't outside. He's never taken longer than 4 minutes to get what he needed. Shit would be so easy. But it's been almost 8 minutes. There's rules to this robbery shit.

1. Always work together
2.follow signals to the fullest
3.don't get caught
4. Don't snitch
5.LEAVE after 10 minutes

The minutes get closer to 10, and my anxiety sparks. I get out the car and head back up the stairs to the apartment. I open the door and see nardo sitting on the couch, on his phone.

"What the fuck," I say and he looks up. He stands up, grabs the money and his gun and walks pass me. I grab his hand as we both rush down, but he slaps it away every time. I open the door and get in, and he does the same. We drive off and it's pure silence.

Time for my big ass to break that shit.

"Why the fuck were you just sitting there," I ask, folding my arms.

"Why the fuck did you go back in there," he responds, angrily.

"Because you were up there and I ain't here no gun shots," I respond, looking out the window.

"You broke a rule. What if that nigga had gotten out the handcuffs and killed me," he asks, grabbing my face. "Yo ass would've been dead with me."

"That's how it works, Horace," I say, grabbing his hand, and he shifts to drive with his other.

"Government."

"Nigga ain't nobody here but us," I say, slapping his chest for being extra. "As I was saying. Baby, we promised to go out like Bonnie and Clyde. They died together. So I was willing to die too."

"You my lil ride or die," he says, squeezing my hand and the wheel. "But ion want you to die because of me. I want you to live even if you ain't wit me."

"Ion ever wanna live without you." We get at a red light and he stops and looks at me.

"One day you gon have to. I'm adding to the rules. No going into the house after you leave it."

"Nardo that ain't fair! If I was in there you would have come in and saved me," I respond, folding my arms again.

"Right. But I'm not you. I can handle a big ass man like that." I roll my eyes.

"I'm fully capable of doing that myself."

He just looks at me and looks at the road driving again.

"I never said you wasn't. It's my job to protect you. You ma girl," he says, putting his hand on my thigh.

"But maybe I wanna protect you, since you ma nigga," I say, intertwining our fingers. He looks at me and smiles before letting go of my hand and punching my thigh.

"I wanted to test if you was gon listen to the rules, and you didn't."

"We still got the money. Hush."

"What was that for," I wince. I slap him.

"What I told you about calling them niggas daddy?" Oh shit. Here we go again.