Someone Like You- YNW Melly

I'm happy. I've got my dream job, my dream body, and somewhat of my dream man. I'm a self made millionaire, and I did this all on my own- with the help of the big G of course. Blessing came after the world fell apart for me. And I'm forever grateful.

Yet here I am, in my big ass bed, next to my fine ass boyfriend, Christian, thinking about Jamel. Thinking about Melly. Thinking about Marcus. Shit, I'm even thinking about Melvin. All that I got, and I'm still stuck on that one thing I think I'll never have again. And God won't let me sleep. When mama said money can't buy happiness, she was right.

The alarm goes off, and I shut it off. Another sleepless night. I sit up in bed, throw the covers off of me and walk to my closet pulling out the clothes for today. I shower, brush my teeth and do my hair and makeup, while Christian snores from the other room. He's an amazing guy. Self made, self paid, and a gentlemen. Don't get me wrong, I like him. But I love Melly, even though his ass was crazy as hell. All of him, every part, all of his personalities. That's just the kinda nigga you can't get over.

"I'm leaving," I shout, and exit my bedroom. I hear a muffled 'I love you' leave Christian's mouth. I never say it back. I refuse to lie to him. I know who I truly love. I get into my black BMW, while asking God for favor throughout this day. Imma need it. I'm tired as hell, I don't know how I'm going to get through all those interviews today.

"Hello," I say, on the phone with my manager.

"Hey, you on your way?"

"Yeah," I respond looking at the GPS. "Gimme bout 10 more minutes, traffic is bad."

"Okay, Y/N. Gives you time to come up with questions to ask him."

"Wait, I forgot who I was interviewing today."

"I never told you. It's YNW Melly. That darkskin Nigga that made Murder On My Mind."

"I heard that song. Shit was fire. Ian know who made it tho," I say searching up the song on my phone. Don't try this at home kids. When the song louds on YouTube, I see a familiar face in the video. "Oh My Gosh, it's Jamel."

"Whose Jamel," my manager asks. His nosey ass always in my business.

"Ex boyfriend-"

"Who you're still in love with? Got it."

"Rude," I say, rolling my eyes.

"What about him?"

"YNW Melly-"

"Oh My fucking- YOU DATED YNW MELLY!"

"Okay, nigga chill. China don't need to hear you," I say with a little laugh. I love this nigga, on everything. I call him my manager because he's always taking care of me, but really he's my assistant. I just don't see it that way tho.

"You okay to interview him? Cuz I'd totally understand if you wanted me to do it for you." I could see his big ass smile through the phone and we ain't even on FaceTime.

"Nahh, I'm good. Not gon let the past affect my job."

"Ight my love, see you in a few."

"Okay. I love you."

"Love you more, nigga."

Seeing Melly will be hard. But this is my job. I have to push through it. And maybe, just maybe get some closure.

I pull up at the station and sit in my car taking deep breaths. I'm going to be seeing Melly after all these years. I wonder how much he's changed. Is he still as crazy as before? Obviously, this nigga has a song about called Murder On My Mind. I wonder if he misses me. Does he even remember me? Okay, Y/N. Breathe.