"I am asking you something Ms. Khan," he said coldly. He stopped typing on the keyboard instead he looked straight into my eyes his face motionless as he tapped impatiently on the glass table with his finger like a time ticking bomb that was about to explode every minute now. The bomb finally burst as he slammed the table with his palm making everything from the coffee cup to my computer and the little glass globe decoration shake on his table.

"I don't like to repeat myself" he spat angrily.

"I – I - forgot" I managed to mutter.

"You forgot to make my schedule?" He repeated my statement in disbelief as his brows raised.

"Y-Yes, I- I am s-s-sorry" my heart started to beat so fast.

He took a deep breath closing his eyes and opening them in a slow torturous way. His eyes went from being white to the wains in his eyes becoming thick red along with a thick wain popping out from his forehead. What the actual, is he going to kill me?

"Show me everything you have done in my absence" at that all the hairs on my neck stood up, my heart beating too fast in fear, my palms sweating. I have done nearly nothing; I only wrote one contract.

I gulped down flipping my computer open, the sound of the Pakistani drama I just watched turning on.

"Mujhe chor ke mat jaana Bashir, mein tum se behadd pyar karti ho"

"Meri ammi nehi man rahi Lubna"

The sweat in my fingers made a damp pattern of fingertips on the cold metal on my computer. I could feel the blood run down my whole body. I just hope he is one of the whitewashed Pakistanis who doesn't understand a word of Urdu. I quickly closed the website embarrassed and humiliated. I found one single contract in the saved documents. I turned the computer around so he could see it.

"What more" the vain relaxing down a bit on his forehead.

"T-That's all" I managed to say looking down at the wooden floor not able to meet his eyes.

"You are telling me for four days, that's all you have done? What's the use of having you here then? I can make that contract myself in five minutes"

I opened and closed my mouth again not knowing what to say.

"Sir. t-this won't repeat"

He took out a piece of paper from one of his drawers and quickly signed it. He crumbled the piece of paper in his fist making a little ball and harshly threw it on my face. I gasp left my mouth in shock at the paper ball that jumped from my face to my lap. I shakingly straightened out the paper.

RESIGNATION LETTER my eyes widened in shock, I had not even paid the deposit on my apartment yet. I reassured the landlord that I will pay the moment I get next pay. I would practically be homeless if I lost this job now.

"Please, no sir it won't repeat I promise" a big lump formed in my throat that scratched my throat so painfully it made my eyes water.

"Get out of my office now"

"Sir, please you don't understand I need this job"

He didn't even look at me, he looked at his computer ignoring me completely.

"Sir, please" My vision got blurry everything around me was unclear, I didn't want to break down in front of him.

"I need this job"

The fear of being homeless. The fear of sleeping on the cold park benches at central park in the dark. The fear of men like the ones who attacked me succeeding in raping me and the fear of having to travel back to the UK and getting tortured to probably death by my uncle for ruining the family honor by running away came rushing down my mind in seconds. Simple breathing became a hard task, and I could slowly feel my tears silently run down my cheeks one by one.