LIII

Dereyna Donda Pittman
Baton Rouge, Louisiana

"Tha fawk?" I say aloud seeing D's crazy girlfriend calling me.

After the fiasco yesterday I never thought I'd hear from her ass again. Thought we finally got rid of her, guess not.

"Are you good with kids?" She asks immediately.

"Of course, I love kids." I shrug.

"Do you want one?" She asks.

"Yea." I scrunch my face up at her weird questions.

"Do you want one now?" She asks.

"Yea." I say no hesitation.

I've always wanted kids and I was over the moon when I found out I was pregnant. A short lived dreamed but I still want kids nonetheless.

"Ight, come pick her up." She hangs up and shares her location.

"Is she deadass or is this a setup?" I ask myself.

I pack my pistol just in case then zoom to her location which is her apartment. I remember her apartment number and head to it.

"Hello?" She answers.

"What the hell?" I look at the ready made children Infront of me.

"Look, I'm not too keen about you dragging me down them stairs yesterday but uh, I'm more mature than to put that petty shit above sum baby's future." She closes the door.

"Zamiya." She calls one over.

"God told me to call you, He told me you really wanted a baby even more so than me. And I asked Him are you sure you want me to give it to herrrrr?" She makes a face. "But he said yea and who am I to question God so here's yo baby."

She smiles, pushing a child towards me.

Is she back on drugs?

"I got all her shit. Birth certificate, Social Security, transcripts, allat in this big envelope. You gotta go through the court to legally adopt her tho. And those is my sisters don't mind they lil badasses." She points to the other girls.

I smile and wave to them before taking the big yellow envelope from her.

"Zamiya's a sweetheart, okay? Take care of her and we can arrange playdates with my sisters." She shrugs.

"Did you just give me a whole child?" I scratch my head.

"No. God gave you a whole child, He just did it through me. Cuz best believe I would never give you a damn thing." She frowns.

"O-okay."

"What's you guys' names?" I ask her little sisters.

"I'm Keke and that's Toya." They smile.

"Y'all so cute. Imma make a playdate with y'all sister so y'all can see Zamaiya, okay?" I squat down to their level.

They nod politely and I look at Zamiya. She hasn't said anything but I hope she likes me. I don't want her uncomfortable around me.

"Um thank you Honda Civic." I stand back up.

"Don't thank me, thank God." She mugs me.

Lord she is not happy with me at the moment it really must've been the Holy Ghost that sent me this child.

"Bye Keke, bye Toya!" Zamiya waves.

"Bye luh ladies." I tell them.

"Bye Auntie Mercedes." Zamiya goes up to her.