𝒇𝒊𝒇𝒕𝒚 𝒐𝒏𝒆 , muted

Start from the beginning

A happy Braeden stood up, telling them what a pleasure it had been doing business with each of the Hale's. She nodded at Kinsey, Isaac's girl as she called her yet again before heading towards the door. Kinsey stood up too, throwing her backpack over her shoulder, insisting she needed to meet Stiles before lacrosse practice began, she promised him she would be there. Peter nodded as he kissed his daughter on the forehead, before she walked away from him he stopped her, his hand on her shoulder as he told her not to worry about Kate, which was exactly what they were all doing. She'd taken things, things that were much more important than money. 

Scott and Stiles approached the lacrosse field, both carrying their equipment on their backs, the two hadn't played lacrosse in a while and certainly not for the team, the past few of months their lives had been a little occupied. Because of that, Scott wasn't sure if he still had a title of lacrosse captain, he hadn't spoke about it much with Coach. Stiles reassured him that he would still have that title, he'd gotten up his grades just like the man told him to. While Scott couldn't argue with that, all that Coach had told him was to come to tryouts today.

"We have other things to worry about anyway." Stiles tried to digress. "Did you tell Argent yet?"

"Ah, I texted him but he didn't get back to me." The wolf shrugged.

"You told him his sister Kate came back from the dead over text?"

Scott ran his hands through his hair, an awkward look. "I didn't have the money to call France." He admitted. "Besides, he checks up on Kins every other day, right? Maybe she told him?"

Stiles shrugged, that seemed fair enough. Chris has made sure to call Kinsey every two days so that he was up to date on her life, he was still her legal guardian even from thousands of miles across the ocean. Kinsey didn't mind having to wait for that call every other day, it felt nice that she could still keep contact with him in between his gun deals, she got to check up on Isaac too, able to see how he was doing as her uncle's latest business partner. "Trust me, Dude, you're not the only one with money problems." 

"Another notice?" Scott asked. 

Stiles nodded with a sigh, Scott was the only person he had told about the financial problems he and his dad were experiencing since his MRI and the stay at Eichen House, he didn't want people to worry about him, especially Kinsey who had a lot more on her plate than him. He'd made that clear to Scott, but even then, Scott urged for him to tell her, that they had enough secrets shared between them, this didn't need to be another one. He even made another suggestion- to ask her to help with the debt. It was no secret that Kinsey had some wealth behind her, both the Argents and Hales were wealthy families, even after being robbed. Both of the boys knew that, and Lydia had informed them about all the money she would come into as soon as she turned 18. The boy shook his head, insisting that he couldn't tell her, and he certainly couldn't ask her to pay for any of it. He had more pride than that, his dad too. 

Stiles looked out at that field, asking what they were even doing here when they had 117 million problems and their status on the lacrosse team was not one of them, at least it wasn't until Scott had pointed out someone playing on the field. There was a freshman standing in the goal, a pair of players throwing balls at him left right and centre, he didn't miss a single one of them. He had skills that the two of them had only ever saw from the likes of one person- Scott. Stiles had wide eyes as he looked between the excelling player and Scott, unsure if what he was seeing was real or if this was some kind of dream, nightmare even. After seeing that kid, Stiles decided that they should practice a little bit, just to solidify Scott's title of captain after all.