chapter 16

*Semi edited.

~~~Hunter's pov~~~

"Blue 52... Blue 52. Down. Set. Hike!"The ball is snapped into my hands and I drop back to fake a pass to Jacobs, but actually throw it to Ryder.

And just like back in highschool Ryder is wide open at the 70 yard line waiting for my pass.

I throw a dime to him and we get the touchdown, if only this was for a game, but it's practice.

I've been back home for about 2 months and it's been great. I love my team and I don't want to sound cocky or anything, but we are looking pretty damn good. I mesh well with the guys, so that really helps with the team dynamic.

Being able to see my family and friends is something that I'm never going to take for granted again, I missed them so much, but one of the best things about being back is having Emma back into my life. I know it was my own stupid mistake to have her not in my life that much, but I am never doing that again.

Now that she's back in my life, I'm never letting her go because she's my other half and I'm pretty sure the girl is my soulmate because I feel whole again, like I wasn't myself without her.

Now whether she's my soulmate in a romantic sense or friendship sense I'm not sure, but my attraction for her came roaring back now that I'm living with her, especially is she keeps wearing those barely there shorts, I not sure how much more I can take without crossing a line.

I know she still feels the attraction towards me because I catch her every now and then checking me out especially if I'm wearing boxer briefs or shirtless, her eyes are glued to me, so the attraction is definitely mutual.

Since she's been back in my life and living with me, I've started to redevelop those feelings I had for her a few years ago. I'm not sure where she's at, whether it's just lust on her end or she still feels something for me, but something is there like it's always been.

I'm worried to make a move and ruin the friendship we've built back, but I have to try. I missed out last time and I this is my second chance I'm gonna take it, but I'm going to go slow about it.

Now I know what you're probably thinking is how can I bounce back so fast after being married for 2 years and honestly I don't even know, but when it comes to the chemistry between Emma and I, anything is possible.

Thinking back I think that's why I started dating Tracy so quick was because I was trying to find an Emma replacement. She reminded me of Emma in the beginning and that's what drew me in, I just wish I could've saw the type of person she was before I put a ring on it, but I don't have to worry about her anymore.

Luckily our divorce was finalized a few weeks ago, so I don't have to deal with her ever again.

Alright guys, that's it for today. Good work" Coach said.

I take off my helmet and walk with the rest of the team to the locker room.

After my shower I got changed and texted Emma to see if she wants me to pick up some lunch on the way home.

"Thompson, you texting your girlfriend?" My teammate Jake asked.

"He wishes" Ryder said walking over butt ass naked from the shower.

Ryder along with myself are comfortable with nudity, even back in highschool, so we're usually walking around naked, nothing to be ashamed of.

"Fuck off dude" I said flipping him off.

"I'm just saying that maybe you shouldn't act like a pussy and make a move this time and you might get better results" He shrugged.

"I'm working on it and can you not stand so close to me, I don't want your tiny pecker in my face."