Heart transplants are the best and the worst type of surgery, best when the patient gets the heart and worst when their body doesn't find one.

"Dr Savanah, Dr Greenway wants you in the gyne wing, there might be some complications with the baby's heart," Matt said and I just nodded.

It's been a couple of months since my ugly fight with Maya, we haven't talked with each other since that day, I have even seen her after that.

She has always been in the gyne wing and never came to hang out with the rest of us, but suddenly today she is calling me for a consult.

I was nervous to be in front of her, I had a feeling this one is not a-gonna  go1 good, Call it my woman instincts but I am feeling something bad is gonna happen.

I removed the donor's heart and then made my way toward the gyne wing giving Jul and other interns to complete the surgery.

I entered the room seeing a woman lying on the bed with a baby next to her, but there was no sign of Maya.
I checked her and the baby, it was a premature delivery and it would be a low heart rate.

I told the woman, no worries as I turned to leave the room I saw her standing at me looking me dead in the eyes. The same look she used to give me when I was with Leo.

"Dr Greenway, I checked your patient everything is perfect," I said quietly trying to leave the room when Maya stopped me by grabbing my wrist.

"Hey, Savanah long time no see," Maya said in her old chirping taunting voice to me or maybe it's me getting paranoid, but from the last three years I know her, one thing is sure Maya can never be polite.

"Ya, it has been a while," I said and tried to rotate my wrist to get out of that hallway.

"I saw you the other night with Leo leaving the hospital, what are you both now." Maya gritted with venom in her voice. Her interesting ne was the son fit ne to run for my life.

Why the hell all women in Leo's past are such a bitch.

Ava... Maya.

"He. He is my boyfriend, now if you will excuse me, Dr Greenway I have patients to attend." I said trying to snatch my wrist away from her.

His grip grew tighter on my hand, it started to hurt so much, reminded me of dad.

"Maya, leave me you are hurting me." I pleaded but she just kept closing her fingers around my wrist crushing my bones.

I started to jerk my arm away but then I reminded myself that Maya is a black belt, she can easily break my wrist and my hands are my career.

"You took both of them away from me, you witch." Maya hissed.

"You took my Leo away from me, and then that night you took Cole away. Since that night he is been running around you like a lost puppy and running me over."

"Look at you, you pathetic little shit what do you have that I don't, making men run around you." Maya hissed with so much hatred for me.

Now her other hand was at my throat, her grip was tight but only a step away from actually choking me.

"Maya, I don't know what you are talking about," I know what she was talking about but I just don't know how to answer that question.

"Yes you know what I am talking about, you took my Leo away from me, I have loved him my whole life but you had to come in between ruining my plan." She said it more felt like she was talking to herself.

What plan did I ruin?

Her grip on my wrist was crushing my bone the pain was unbearable, the only thing I could do was now punch her.

And I did I landed a bunch on her stomach making her lose grip on my hand, it feels like my wrist was breathing now.

"You, bitch." Maya said and lunged in front of me and at this time I was done cooperating now she was my punching bag.

I landed a punch on her face lightly not enough to knock her down but, knocking her down would be the best thing to do.

Maya swayed her legs to kick me in the face but luckily I ducked it. She pushed me so my back was on the ground and he climbed up on me.

She pinned both my hands on either side of my body putting more force on the hand that she previously had.

The grip was the death to me, before she could do anything further, someone pulled her off me.

Thank goodness.

"Get away from her Maya " Cole said in a stern voice.

"Leave her otherwise I am gonna complain against you get out," Cole said and made his way towards me.
He crouched down to my level.

Seeing if I was fine or not, "are you okay." He asked in concern.

Yea I am apart from we just fought like wild cats in a hospital's hallway and luckily no one has seen that.

"Ya I am good," I said.

Cole gave me his hand to help me stand, I placed my hand in his hand trying to get up but the strain that came to my wrist was painful.

"Your wrist is bruised, Savanah." Cole examined. And to say my wrist was bruised was an understatement.

I had Maya's fingerprint on my wrist in bluish red colour. She messes up my hand badly.

"Rotate your wrist for me," Cole asked and I tried to do so but my hand couldn't move. It must be a hairline fracture

"You might have a hairline fracture, it will heal in three days," Cole assured and I took my not so broken wrist in my hand and started to make my way to the ortho.

"Savanah" Cole called me.

"I am sorry." With that Cole left making me feel embarrassed that now I am being pitted against by my colleague.

Dr Clarkson wrapped my hand but not before asking ne who did this to which I simply replied Maya, he didn't ask me further because everyone in the hospital knows how Maya behaves.

Dr Clarkson gave me a four days prohibition and physical therapy for that, I am on four days left now.

Well, Leo would be happy now, he won't be able to beg me to stay go. e with him now.

I feel like this chapter is not enough, you know I am not able to feel content with the writing.

By the way, I got a new cover🦄.
Just_SparkleBlue

Enjoy reading lovelies.💞💞

_×_×_×_×_×_×_×_×_×_×_×_×_×_×_×_×_