Chapter 8

SAVANAH

It's 1:00 am, and I just completed my surgery and heading back to go for the rounds.

I entered the VIP wing of that hospital to check on Mrs Morello, I know she must be sleeping at this time but I had to check up on her before leaving for home.

Opening the doors of the VIP wing I saw the 2 men from earlier sleeping uncomfortably on the narrow chairs.

I don't think Mrs Morello's son has reached yet.

The curtains of her room were removed so the room was enough illuminated to read her charts by the street lights and the moon.

I quietly entered Mrs Morello's room and I didn't switch on the light I know how it irritates patients when the bright white light is shoved into their eyes.

I quietly took my steps near Mrs Morello's bed to take her chart.
As I took her chart I heard the lock of the washroom being opened.

it must be Mr Morello.

I started taking note of her vitals by keeping my pocket torch upwards to illuminates the room.

Just the moment I was going to check her heartbeat, someone from behind me pulled my elbow and tackled me down to the ground.
Beneath him.

Using all the defence classes I had ever taken I quickly rolled the man on his back and pinned his hand above his head and straddled him.

"Who are you, and what are you doing in the patient's room," I asked only to find the most beautiful pair of green eyes.

The man struggled beneath my grip and his mint breath was intoxicating.

The man didn't answer any of my questions he just blankly stared at my face.

His green eyes found my brown ones and I think we both didn't blink for a minute.

Our staring competition was ended as he pushed me from him and again now I am under him.

My hands were pinned above my head.

And his other hand was snaked to my waist, any other man's touch would have been crawling me with disgust, but his touch was soft, caring and kind of makes me melt in his touch.

"What are you doing here like a thief in this room?" He asked with his low husky voice.

I am sure his voice just made my lower abdomen stiff.

"I... I..am the doctor. I.. Ju..just needed to check the vitals." I stuttered.

When did you stutter Savanah?

Before he could say anything, the door of the room flew open and the lights of the room were now making my eyes squint.

We both looked towards the door only to find two men from earlier sleeping now standing at the door with their mouths hanging open.

One of the men was smirking.

Mrs Morello was awakened by this act of ours now.

"Leo get off her, she is the doctor." The other one gritted and pulled the 'Leo' off me.

I was about to get up but the 'Leo' offered his hand to help me get up.

I placed my hand in his, I don't know why I have the feeling of his hand being known.

I stood up and one of the men came in front of me.

"I am sorry Dr Savanah, I think I haven't introduced myself I am Adam Beckett, and this is Connor." He pointed towards the man at the door who is still smirking.