Chapter 35

LEONARDO

"Hello, Leo." The voice that I despise is now gonna be here with us for the rest of the dinner because of the humble courtesy of Dr Savanah Rodriguez.

I don't know but sometimes this girl needs to understand that giving kindness to everyone doesn't give you a fruitful reward especially if the girl is Ava Simpson.

But she doesn't know who Ava was and I should have told her earlier but now I regret my decision not to. I have a positive feeling Ava is gonna create a scene in front of her. Today.

The most important thing is how I will handle Savanah after that, it's gonna endanger the relationship I have with her, knowing my mom is not gonna let me go away from the food so unfortunately, I have to stay here till the dinner.

I didn't respond to her sluty 'hello' instead I kept all my focus on Savanah, who politely stood up for the guest to sit. This girl is something.

She is covered with innocence, courage for others, selflessness and cuteness. In the past months, she had changed me a lot, I don't get snappy at work as I used to be when work is not done.

According to Nick, I smile more often than usual and I know I am becoming a huge sucker for her soft plumpy lips.

"Mr and Mrs Simpson." I gave a curt nod to both of them, I could see Ava eyeing Savanah and Mrs Simpson making faces at her, it's gonna be a blood bath here.

I sometimes pity Mr Simpson to have such a vicious wife who had already ruined his company in thirst for money and now his daughter is on the same steps.

I made sure Savanah sat left to my father followed by me and Mr Simpson, on the opposite side where my mother, Ava and Mrs Simpson.

"Who is this young girl Vanessa." Mrs Simpson asked in a fake tone which my mother also knew was just a facade to get information on her.

"She is Savanah Leo's girlfriend, she is a Heart Surgeon." My mother said with pride and love in her voice for her.

"Girlfriend, when did that happen Leo I thought you were just a no-commitment kind of guy." Mrs Simpson said with venom and sarcasm laced in her voice.

I could hear Savanah swallowing a heavy blob of air, "well Mrs Simpson you thought wrong, I was always thee committed kind of guy, just haven't found the right person for it yet." I said and looked at Savanah her cheeks turned different colours of pink, she looks fucking adorable by not meeting my eyes.

"Well, how much do you earn, Savanah." Mrs Simpson asked and I could see how uncomfortable Savanah got.

It's not that she doesn't earn good, she earns good enough at this age as a doctor, it's the tone she is asking that bothers her.

"Well enough to have food on my plate and a roof on my head ma'am," Savanah said timidly.

"And you must have removed your clothes to get the above two things," Ava murmured which was heard by everyone and a gasp left from Savanah's mouth and my mother's eyes popped out of her socket.

The hardest thing was that at the whole table her mother was laughing her daughter at the profanities she was saying and Mr Simpson couldn't control them.

"Ava." My mother yelled and she flinched.

"You dare not open your gutter mouth about my Savanah." My mother roared at her.

"Mrs Morello, don't you know she trapped your son in between her legs for your money, I mean how much a doctor can earn." Ava sneered at my mom.

"Ava sh-" but before I could speak Savanah beat me to it.