Visions

"Liv you really do look so beautiful tonight."

"Thank you Spence."

The waiter returns and they both decide to share a seafood platter together. Lobster, crab cakes, oysters, calamari, and shrimp.

"Wow this all looks amazing!"

"Yeah, this spot has some of the best seafood in town, I scoped it out about a month ago."

"I'm glad you did, I'm so ready to eat"

They both dig in, enjoying one another's conversation, and laughing deep into the night. The restaurant turns into a jazz lounge around 9pm and instantly the band brings in good vibes as couples head to the dance floor.

"Can I have this dance Liv, umm you know as friends?"

"Sure, friend" she smiles as Spencer leads her to the dance floor.

The jazz band plays Butterflies by Michael Jackson and the lyrics ring true in both Spencer and Olivia's head alike.

"I just want to touch and kiss

And I wish that I could be with you tonight

You give me butterflies inside, inside and I"

They look into each other's eyes and smile deeply. Every other couple doesn't touch the energy radiating between these two. The jazz band holds out the song a little longer just to enjoy the view that Spencer and Liv are giving them. The song ends and Liv kisses Spencer on the cheek, he returns the favor as he grazes her back with his soft but firm hands.

"Thank you I enjoyed that a lot" says Liv.

"Anytime, you always got me" Spencer says adamantly.

They walk back over to the table and the waiter brings out dessert with a note on it.

"Enjoy something sweet and meet me outside for something sweeter"

Liv says "Spencer what is this?"

*Beep-Beep Beep-Beep Beep-Beep*

Her alarms blares jogging her out of her fifth dream of her college crush for the last time of the night.

They met freshman year, but after her mom passed, Billy decided to take a coaching job with the Chicago bears, so her love story didn't quite take off, or so it seems.

"Dang it. Stupid alarm. Dad, it's time for you to get ready for the draft! This is your wake up call you requested!" Liv yells down the stairs of the condo.

"One day I will be free of this man. Until then I'm going back to sleep."

Flashback

Is this seat taken?

It is now.

Oh my bad.

No silly I meant by you.

Ohhh. I'm trippin. I'm Spencer by the way.

Olivia.

Nice to meet you Olivia. So looks like the professor wants us to find a partner to watch Antwone Fisher with...

Is this your way of asking me ?

Is it working?

We'll know by the end of class

End of flashback

"Babygirl! Get up, I want you to come with me to the draft! You got about two hours to get ready."

Liv screams into the pillow before replying. "Sure thing."

_______________________________

"With the 3rd pick in the NFL Draft, the Chicago Bears select.... Spencer James from Cal U."

Billy cheers are they were hopping he would still be on the board when the 3rd pick came around. The Chicago Bears just missed the playoffs last year and needed more fire power to surround their QB on offense.

Spencer walks up towards the stage and received his hat from the commissioner and instantly a wave rushes over Liv as she sees him. Live in living color, smooth brown skin, beautiful coiled hair, firm muscles showing even in a suit.

Liv was too stunned to speak as she frankly remembers the name she's only heard about a thousand times in her sleep. "Is this real ? Spencer and I in the same state once again?"

"Uhhh earth to Olivia! Come on baby girl we need to go to the back to meet Spencer and congratulate him."

"Right. Coming."

They head back towards the green room where they meet with Grace James and the man of the moment, Spencer.

"Spencer James, Billy Baker head coach for the Chicago Bears. It's nice to be able to shake hands with our newest player."

"Thank you coach! I'm excited to get started. Coach this is my mom-

"Grace James! It's been a long time! I'm very familiar with your mom. We grew up together, we even went to the same high school."

"Crenshawwww!!!" They both glare like they're at a pep rally.

"Wow that's what's up, what are the odds." Spencer states.

"Where are my manners, Spencer this is my baby girl Olivia." Billy shares.

Liv comes from behind her dad and waves and Spencer vividly remembers her soft brown eyes.

"This might be a stretch but have we met before?" Spencer asks.

"Yes, freshman year at Cal U, in history class." Liv replies.

"Professor Barnes class. I knew it! It's good to see you again, I wondered what happened to you after that semester. We'll have to catch up sometime."

"I don't know about that son. I don't like my daughter getting mixed up with my players. Well with anyone for that matter.." Billy interjects.

Grace didn't like the tone of his voice so she had a few words of her own.

"Well Billy I'll have you know Spencer isn't just any player. I've raised him to be a respectful young man all his life." Grace says adamantly.

"I'm sure you did Gracie."

The air in the room became thicker than a snicker.

"Well son, see you at training camp in about a month! Until then celebrate becoming a bear!"

"Thanks." Spencer replies as he exchanges glances with Liv.

I don't like my daughter getting mixed up with my players. Well with anyone for that matter.

"Ma, I wonder why he's so tight about Olivia?"

"I don't know baby ain't no telling what's going on in that head of his. But for now you just focus on you."

Uh oh! Billy trying to gatekeep Liv??
Spencer and Liv back in the same state?
Comment below your thoughts.