☾.˚˖⁺✦[Reishi Mushroom]✦˙⊹˚☽

"Come on, Alina. Stay with us," Shay pleads as she and Stiles carry Alina through the school halls. "What happens if we don't get that mushroom shit for her?" Shay whispers to Stiles. 

"She dies." Stiles emits with a look of fear. Not just for Alina but the others too. 

Hearing this causes Shay to move faster down the hall, mustering up all of her energy to saving her best friend. She has no clue what just happened in the locker room or has no clue about anything currently going on. However, Alina is Shay's first and only friend- and best friend for that matter- and she doesn't want to lose her. 

Shay and Stiles had to practically drag Alina down the stairs to get her to the basement. Her eyes keep fluttering open and close as the world spins around her in slow motion. They set her down on the ground, leaning her against the wall beside the cement door of the Hale vault. 

"Hey, Scott?!" Stiles pounds on the door. "Scotty?! It's in the vault with you! It's called Reishi Mushrooms!" Stiles shouts, slamming his fist against the door continuously. 

"Scott, dude!! Open up!!!" Shay screams on the verge of tears as Alina slumps over. "Come on!" 

"I can't see," Alina breathes out. Shay and Stiles share a look of concern. "What is that ringing sound. I-I-" Her breathing becomes uneven and heavy. Shay kneels beside Alina and rests her hands on either side of her cheeks. 

"Hey, hey. It's okay." 

"Shay? I can't see you- I-" 

"Stiles, hurry." Shay looks over to the Stilinski boy. 

"Scott?! Open the door!! It's in there with you! It's in the jar!!" He screams. Banging on the door until his knuckles bleed. "It's on one of those shelves! SCOTT!! CAN YOU HEAR ME!! ALINA NEEDS IT!! COME ON!!" When there was still no reply, he slumps against the door knowing that it's too late which means that it's too late for Alina as well. 

"No... No, Stiles why did you stop?" Shay whimpers, she pulls Alina's body closer to her own as Alina's eyes shut. 

"I-I'm sorry. It's too late... we can't do anything now." 

• • •

While outside of the school, Liam and Lydia are standing beside one another as they wait impatiently for Agent McCall to come back. 

"What's going on?" Lydia asks, looking at Scott's beta with an expectant look. 

"How am I supposed to know?" He flails his arms in the air, impatiently waiting to see if Alina is okay. Once he had gotten a call from Lydia about what was going on at the school, he had sprinted the three miles to the school to find Alina. He was stopped by police and caution tape, but that was until Lydia showed up and the Sheriff let them under the caution tape. Though they wouldn't let him go into the school. 

"You have super hearing. Use it," Lydia says in exasperation. "Listen to see what is going on in there." 

"Ohh..." He nods before he begins to focus on the different sounds and voices inside the school.  

"I can't see, What is that ringing sound. I-I-"  Alina's voice is barely above a whisper as she gasps for air. 

"Hey, hey. It's okay."

"Shay? I can't see you- I-"

"Stiles, hurry."

Liam hears Stiles begin to scream for Scott as he bangs on the Hale Vault door. 

"It's on one of those shelves! SCOTT!! CAN YOU HEAR ME!! ALINA NEEDS IT!! COME ON!!"

Liam feels tears prick his eyes at the realization that the antidote that Agent McCall had gone inside to tell Scott about is locked in the vault with the pack as Alina is locked out from it.