☾.˚˖⁺✦[The Gingerbread Man]✦˙⊹˚☽

"I talked to coach," Liam walked over to where Scott and Kira stood, "I'm out for the rest of the game." He continues to tell the couple sadly. 

"What are you gonna do?" Kira asks Scott. 

"I don't know, something's still not right," Scott sighed. "We're missing something." 

"Liam?" A voice called causing the three supernatural teens to turn around. 

"Yeah?" Liam answered when a blonde girl in a red 'student first-aid assistant' windbreaker walked towards him. He recognized her from seeing her sit on the bench with Alina earlier during the game. 

"Alina told me to come and check on you. Does anything hurt?" She asked with a warm smile. 

"Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks for checking, um... where did Alina go?" Shay smirked slightly at his words when she could hear the concern in his voice. 

"She went with Brett to the locker rooms." 

"Why?" Kira was the one to ask. 

"The polysporin wasn't in the first-aid kit, and one of the lacrosse players told her that he saw it in the lockers room. So, they went to go find it and get Brett's cut clean," Shay explains thoroughly. 

"Okay, thanks," Liam nods before the girl turned around and headed over to coach. 

"Guys, Lydia just broke another third of the list," Stiles joined the three. 

"Am I on it?" Liam asks nervously. 

"No, but someone else is..." Stiles told the group with worry evident. Stiles shows the phone to Scott. 

"Brett Talbot?" Scott's eyes widen when he says the name aloud, "1 million... Garrett wasn't after you Liam, he was after Brett," Scott realizes. 

"And, Alina..." Kira speaks up which earns confused looks from the three boys, "that girl just said that Alina couldn't find the polysporin in the first-aid kit. Maybe it wasn't in the kit on purpose." 

"Where is she now?" Stiles asks having missed the conversation with Shay. 

"She took Brett to the boys' locker room," Liam answers, fear taking over of the possibilities of what could happen to Alina. 

"And, Alina is worth a lot more than just 1 million..." Stiles trails off. 

"I'm going to find them-" Scott is about to run off towards the school. 

"I'm coming with you!" Liam says. 

"No! You stay here. I'll get Alina, she'll be okay." Liam was hesitant to stay, but he felt obligated to listen to Scott's order. 

"Promise?" Liam asks with pleading eyes. 

"Promise." Scott nods and turns to the school. 

• • •

Alina grasps the thermal wire between her fingers, trying to pull it away from her neck. She looks towards Brett to see his eyes fluttering shut. Worry overwhelms her as she can barely hear his heartbeat now which causes her to grab onto the wire with much more force. She is able to pull it away from her and turns towards Violet who struggles to keep a grip on the thermal wire. Violet's eyes widen in fear when she looks into Alina's eyes that are no longer the warm, emerald green but a glowing, neon green instead. 

The wire snaps in Alina's grasp as a set of claws grow out from the end of her dainty fingers, and a green hue engulfs her hands. Alina then reaches out and places her hands on either side of Violet's shoulders and pushes her back. The girl flies across the room and her body slams into a set of lockers.