☾.˚˖⁺✦[The Scrimmage]✦˙⊹˚☽

Alina walked towards the field. Her eyes scanned her surroundings; the bleachers were full of people of all ages, the sidelines of the field had lacrosse players scattered as they prepared for their game, and coach was frantically scribbling on his clipboard while yelling at some poor kids. She began to make her way towards coach with a cheery smile. 

"Hey, coach!" She says. 

"Thomason! Where have you been?!" Coach swung his head in the direction of the first aid assistant. 

"Um... well, I was at home, and then I biked her, and now I'm... I'm here?" Alina says nervously. 

"You're late." 

"I'm five minutes early, coach." 

"No-" he looks at his watch to notice that Alina was in fact five minutes early. "Oh... well, go get the first aid kit from the locker room, and be ready for the game to start." 

"You got it, dude," Alina nods before heading off towards the school. 

Alina walked into the school only to bump into someone when she turned into the boy's locker room. 

"Ow!" A voice squeals as the person falls to the floor. 

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry!" Alina quickly helps the person up to their feet. "Are you okay?" 

"Y-yeah, I'm fine."

"Are you sure?" 

"Mhm, I'm just overdramatic, and you're pretty strong," the girl laughs. Alina looked straight into the girl's chocolate brown eyes. Her blonde hair shined similar to Alina's while under the moon rays that were brought in through the small windows of the locker room. "I'm Shay LeBlanc," she stuck out her hand to Alina. 

"I'm Alina Thomason." Alina slid her hand into Shay's which fit perfectly together. 

"You must be new." 

"Uh, yeah. Just started here at the school earlier this week." 

"Oh, cool," Shay smiles to show off her pearly white teeth. "Do you know where Coach Finstock is?" 

"Yeah, he's out on the field." 

"Okay, thanks. I was just going to ask him about being the first aid assistance for the lacrosse team."

"Oh, I'm actually the first aid assistant lacrosse team... maybe he will allow there to be two, and then we can work together," Alina smiles. 

"That would, honestly, be awesome." Shay laughs. 

Alina headed over to the first aid kits and picked it up, tossing it over her right shoulder before heading back to where Shay stood. 

"Come on. Let's go ask coach," Alina smiled, holding her hand out to Shay. Shay happily grabs Alina's hand and the two girls head down the school halls and back to the lacrosse field that is full of people. 

"Hey, coach!" Alina called. 

"What do you want, Thomason?!" Coach called back. 

"This is Shay LeBlanc. She was wondering if she could also be a first-aid assistant. I mean, I'm sure the players are dumb enough to get hurt quite often to the point where I will need an extra hand." 

"Yeah, sure. Whatever." Coach waves the two girls away. 

"Wait, really?" Shay asks in surprise. 

"Yeah, why not?" Coach shrugs, turning back towards the field. 

"Aren't you going to ask me any questions? Like my qualifications?" 

"You know what a bandaid is?" Coach questions without even moving his eyes away from the field.