•14•

I woke up and sluggishly walked to the bathroom. I look in the mirror and cringe. My tear-stained face stared back at me. My make-up is horribly smudged and my hair is a knotted mess.

I turn away from looking at myself in the mirror and turn the handle on the shower. I take a cold shower basking in everything that happened last night. It's probably better it turned out this way. We wouldn't have worked out anyways. He wants to be popular I was just a toy. A game.

I step out of the glass box and tightly wrap a towel around myself and I slowly get changed. I decided to walk to school. It was nice.

As I opened my door I see Tom across from me waiting. I roll my eyes as I lock my door and walk down the hall. Acting as if I didn't see him.

"Em can we talk please" his voice echoed in the hall but I didn't listen. I pressed the elevator button and waited. The silence was incredibly loud between us. I could sense how close he was from behind me. He placed his hands on my waist and slowly pulled me back into him. I closed my eyes as I felt his breath on my neck. I loved his touch. I craved it. I missed it.

"Emery-" he whispered in my ear. The elevator doors open and I quickly pull away from him and walk in. Tom quickly follows and stands beside me.

"I think we've talked enough," I said slightly out of breath. And before he could even utter a word I slip out of the elevator as the doors were closing leaving Tom alone.

I quickly jogged down the stairs and speed walked to school. I think that's the fasted I've ever made it to school willing.

Since I've gotten to hell I haven't seen Tom since leaving home and I tried my best to avoid him as much as possible.

I took the longer roots to my classes. I didn't care if they made me late. I didn't want to end up seeing Tom and have to hear his stupid apologies.

I didn't want to hear his stupid voice or see his dumb face. God just thinking about it made me so mad. But I couldn't stop thinking about him. It made me want to tear my head apart.

I ended up being late to every single one of my classes. I walked out of my last class and headed to my locker. I haven't just been avoiding Tom. I've been avoiding everyone.

Tay, Ava even my mom. I just haven't had the energy to talk to anyone. And it makes me feel so bad. I wish I was different. Maybe if I was different people would like me more. Maybe then I'd be enough for Tom.

Brian and his goons walk past me laughing and smirking. I bury my face in my locker. I didn't notice Tom with them. Maybe he went home.

"Hey" Just my luck. I move my locker door slightly to see Tom standing behind it looking at me. I move the locker back so it covered his face. He blew out a breath before moving to the other side where nothing was blocking him.

"I got you these for you" he removes his hands from behind his back and reveals a bouquet of red roses. I look at the flowers in his hands and them at him.

"You think a bunch of flowers is gonna fix everything?" His eyes widen and he shakes his head.

"No. No, I just thought-" he stops speaking and took a breath like he was regaining himself. "Look I'm so sorry about everything" I stare at him with a disgusted look on my face.

"And flowers just magically fix us right?" Tom sighs and his arms drop a little. I know I'm making this hard for him. But no way in hell am I going to forgive him if this is his way of apologizing for betting to date me.

"You're not gonna make this easy for me are you?" I laughed a dry laugh and turned back to my locker grabbing my bag. I swing it over my shoulder and close the small door.