•12•

"Em get your butt out here right now" Ava yelled as she looked back in the mirror adding finishing touches to her makeup and Tay adding a little more hair spray to her hair.

After staring in the bathroom mirror for twenty minutes I finally walked out, my arms around my stomach.

"Wow, you look amazing Em!" Both girls said. Looking in the full-length mirror I saw the long red gown go down to your feet and the slit in the dress near my knee. How the little red flowers sparked on the dress and how the sleeves of the dress hung on my shoulders.

My hair was down and fell on over my shoulders, my make-up matched my dress perfectly. Everything about this look was perfect I was just incredibly nervous. I took a big sigh...

"It's not too much?" I asked looking to Tay and Ava now. Both girls shook their heads violently.

"Em you honestly look so gorgeous ok don't doubt yourself!" Tay said with a soft smile on her face. I smiled back and turned back to the mirror admiring myself once again.

Ava and Tay went back to the smaller mirror fixing their hair and makeup when I heard a bing on my phone. I walked over to my nightstand and picked it up to see a text from the same unknown number I got three days ago.

Unknown
Meet me at the locker 204 tonight in the west wing at 9:30 ;)

I looked at the messages shocked and confused. My hands started to slightly shake which caught the attention of Ava

"Hey, you ok?" Ava asked

"Hmm, Ahha yeah yes yep so good!" I shot my head up from my phone to look at Ava and then quickly back down at the phone again. My fingers hovered over the keyboard for a minute thinking if I should respond and what I should say.

Unknown
Meet me at the locker 204 tonight in the west wing at 9:30 ;)
Seen 5 minutes ago

You
Who are you? Why should I come?

Unknown
See you there.
Seen...

My heart dropped in my chest. It felt like it had stopped beating. My breathing picked up at a fast pace.

"Hey, we are meeting the boys at the dance!" Ava said as she placed her phone in her little clutch and pulled it over her shoulder.

I nodded my head trying to push the thought of the mystery person behind the text message. Tonight was the spring formal tonight was the first school dance I would be attending with Tom.

That text message wasn't going to ruin it. I shoved my phone into my purse and headed to the front door where Ava and Tay were waiting for me. We all walked out of the apartment and headed to the school.

The taxi we called pulled up to the school. My stomach turned and my head started to pound before I even heard the loud music and saw the bright flashing lights. Ava grabbed my hand and lightly squeezed it to comfort me.

"Your gonna be fine Em," Tay said, I nodded my head and stepped out of the vehicle.

Walking into the gym you didn't even think it was possible to get more butterflies than I already had.

Ava and Tay stayed close till they found their dates and took off leaving me alone. I found an empty table and sat there waiting for Tom.

Maybe he isn't gonna show
This is dumb I should leave

"Care to dance?" The familiar voice asked, I looked up from my phone to see Tom in a sharp black suit and a red tie matching my dress. I smiled his way but quickly dropped the smile...