"But we aren't even dating!"

"I know, but it doesn't matter. You've been seen with him and that's enough for some ARMY."

Auden knew that ARMY was the title for their fans. She heard it a lot when watching their variety show.

"Let's just hope it passes quickly before anything happens," Auden said. Emmie was silent on the other line and that made Auden even more anxious.

"Be careful Auden," Emmie said.

"I will."

"I've got to go to class but I'll check in on you soon," Emmie said.

"Bye Em,"

"Bye."

The line went dead and Auden sighed, laying her phone on the bed she left it there and went too check on Jimin.

He was in her kitchen making breakfast. Auden went to sit at the counter across from him.

"So what do we do now?"

Jimin flipped over some eggs he was frying and sighed. He looked troubled, his jaw clenched and his brow furrowed.

"I'm going to learn this dance so I can perform it on the show with this American dancer and hope that the interview with calm things down. And you," he looked up at her, his dark, worried gaze meeting hers. "You're going to stay here and keep writing until this all blows over."

"I'm sorry, Jimin," Auden said softly.

"You don't have anything to be sorry for. It's my fault for being complacent."

"This isn't your fault," Auden assured him, reaching out to touch his hand that was holding the spatula. He froze, looking down at their hands. "They invaded your privacy, not the other way around."

He looked up at her again, his eyes softening. "Thanks," he said gently, his expression still conflicted. 

"It will blow over. I'm sure of it." Auden pulled her hand away, trying not to think about how she'd just comforted him so intently.

She cleared her throat awkwardly. "I'm going to go shower."

"Food will be ready in fifteen," he said, and Auden gave him a weak smile before walking back into her room.

She closed the door behind her and leaned against it, letting out a long breathe.

Her phone pinged from across the room and she reluctantly walked over to her bed, finding it buried in the sheets. Then she saw a new text message waiting for her on the screen. 

She swiped up and felt her heart fall into her stomach.

Unknown Number:

He's mine. Touch him again and I'll kill you.

Auden gasped, dropping the phone and backing away from like it was literally on fire.

Who would message her that? Auden's hands began to shake, and she had to physically hold them to her chest so they would stop quivering.

Breathe, Auden she told herself. It's just a jealous fan trying to scare you. Breathe. She told herself.

She gathered her resolve, pushing away the nasty feelings in her chest the best she could and then forced herself to carry on with her morning and head into the bathroom to take a shower.

No amount of hot water and body soap could wash away the horrible feeling she was having though after reading the message that was sent to her. Auden had pretty tough skin, but she'd never had her life threatened.