I closed my eyes in anticipation, I really didn't know exactly what I was anticipating but then again, right then, that very moment I hardly knew who I was.

"Rajkumaar Arj-Oh!"

A familiar soft voice hauled me out of my trance. I instantly removed myself from him and stepped away. Settling my eyes on the white marble floor I tried to tame my wild heart while adjusting my dupatta properly. My whole body felt on fire while my palms were icy cold.

I heard Arjun clearing his throat "Princess Aryaa"

Aryaa?

I snapped my head to look at her as she stood at the door, discomfort was written all over her face.

"I'm really sorry, I should have knocked before entering" She said looking at anywhere but us.

"You should have" Arjun replied curtly, taking me by surprise. I looked at him agape. I had never seen him using such harsh tone on anyone.

I moved my eyes from him to Aryaa and saw her growing pale, melancholy flashed across her face "I-I'm sorry" she looked ready to breake into tears before turning to leave

"Aryaa!" My voice stopped her as she turned around, her brows joined in confusion.

"Come on in" I smiled "You came here for something, right? I'm leaving anyways"

Aryaa smiled at me softly "Thank you Panchali but I really shouldn't be here. I just came here to thank Prince Arjun" She side glanced at Arjun who was now sitting on the couch, his eyes focused on a stroll as if I and Aryaa didn't exist.

Aryaa gulped visibly, her eyes lingering on my husband before tearing it away to look at me "Good night" she smiled and went off before I could say anything else.

"What was that?" I asked placing my hand on my hips.

He lifted his eyes from the scroll "What?"

I rolled my eyes "Why were you so rude to her?"

"I was not" He put the scroll down and rose on his feet "She shouldn't have visited my chamber at such odd hour. Just because I'm a man, I can't ask for privacy?"

"Yo-"

"And I thought you didn't like her" He cut me off.

"And exactly what gave you the idea?"

"Has anyone ever told you, you've the most expressive eyes?" The corner of his lips lifted up with a sly smirk.

"I don't dislike her. I just don't like her with you" My gaze fixed on his perfectly sculpted face "In fact, I don't think I would like anyone with you" I started ambling toward him while my eyes bore into his "And I would not like even you with anyone else. So the day you decide to bring someone else in your life consider me out" I articulated.

His lips slowly curled up in a vicious smile before he bowed slightly in front of me "I won't dare your highness"

"Was that a promise, Rajkumar?" I teased playfully but sincerely.

"If you consider so, yes that is" He mused, taking my hand into his before letting our fingers intertwined themselves "That is a promise"