24. RECOVER

1 MONTH LATER

QUINTON

I decided to take My dad’s and Siblings tips and fix myself. I cleaned up the house, it was so hard because I had to make sense of everything that had happened and that the blood I was wiping on the floor was either Nandi’s or Sbahle’s. I even went back to working out because it kept me sane.

Gia: are you okay…

I look at her.

Me: do I look okay to you ?

Gia: yho. You miss her ?

Me: (sighs) ye, I do. A lot.

Gia: apologize to her.

Me: I can’t just do that, I have to apologize to her mother, my children. Definitely pay a fine for what I did and then I will ask for apologies afterwards

Gia: I get your point…

Me: (sighs) it’s not gonna be easy getting through to Nandi. (Looks away) she probably hates me now.

Gia: that’s not true, she just doesn’t understand why you had to take out your frustrations and outbursts on them. She wished you nothing but good luck Q, you hurt her because you kept things from her that she was willing to emphasize and sympathize with you on. She loved you enough to actually do that, she cried when both me and mom told her what happened to you and Andrè. She didn’t judge you or anything because someone who loves you dearly doesn’t do that.

Me: (wipes tears) but why did she leave me. She left me. I’m alone now.

Gia: you are alone now because you pushed her away. If you had just been honest with her from the get go, you wouldn’t be crying right now. She wouldn’t be wherever she is right now. You would’ve been together and happy, like always but you not only pushed her away, you raised your hand to her and attempted to murder both her and the kids.

…: come on bro. You were selfish. Selfish to the point where you are even questioning why she left knowing very well you are the reason why she left you.

Me: I’m not selfish Richard…

Richard: Mhkay. You choose to believe what you feed your mind right…

Gia: word.

Me: where is Samkelo ?

Richard: why ?

Me: here is she ?

Gia: Only dad and Andrè know. For now. Just focus on getting better.

Me: I’m better now. I just want to make sure she gets her share of revenge and then get my family back.

Richard: sell this junk…

Me: yea (Looks around) everything in this house haunts me. I don’t think I will survive.

Gia/Richard: sell it and move back home. You will buy a new one when things are finally going according to plan.

Me: mom ??

Gia: oww…

Richard: she is still mad at you. But I feel like nothing will make her as happy as to see you making progress and get your family back.

Me: (sighs) I’m better now. I just need a touch of Nandi and I’ll be back in my A-game.

Gia: you look horrible without her.