21

Tw// blood, anger outburst

Chongyun POV:

The next few weeks at the hospital were hard, I could only see Xingqiu once a day and all these nurses and police officers kept coming in and talking to me, all I wanted was to go home and have everything back the way it was before that stupid man showed up at the door.

Although I don't regret protecting Xingqiu, I sometimes forget that I am a kid too.. and in situations like that.. where I take it upon myself to protect someone even though I am in equally as much danger, I always end up getting hurt.

Never this badly though... I mean the last time this happened I was still an 'exorcist' and I was protecting someone from an 'evil spirit' when really it was just wild animals, I wanted so badly to protect them that I put myself in danger. I was the one who got bitten by that wolf when the wolf wouldn't even have attacked us if I hadn't tried to 'exorcise' it. And it was kind of the same with that man. Except it was compleatly different at the same time.

Sure I wouldn't be in hospital if I hadn't picked up that vase, but at the same time if I hadn't done that he mightve taken Xingqiu away, or even worse, he might've hurt him. And I would rather this happen then either of those.

I dont like hospitals. I never liked hospitals. And now im stuck in one.

The nurse said that I had to stay in the hospital under observation for another few weeks and I had to come for regular checkups after I left, apparently I had fractured my skull which was really bad since the nurses said that could cause problems later in life.

All I wanted was to go home and see Xingqiu, I only got to see him once a day and it wasn't nearly enough, out conversations usally consisted of;

'I missed you so much'

'Me too'

'I wish I could kiss you.'

'I can't wait to get out of here so you can'

Or something along those lines.

I missed the feel of his lips so much, I hadn't been allowed to kiss him for almost 2 weeks now and it was killing me.

The weeks went by slowly and I missed my home more and more every day, eventually they allowed me to walk around the hospital to try and train my body to be used to walking again and my favourite place to go was the roof,

I could watch the sunset and look at the stars, but it would've been better if I could watch them with Xingqiu...

I sat there admiring the view, there was the city skyline, then above me there was the little silver sparks illuminating the navy ocean that was the night sky, the stars all surrounded eachother, there were so many, if I had been a star I would never be lonely, but here I was, by myself... admiring from afar...

I know that if Xingqiu was here I wouldn't even glance at the sky as I would be too busy admiring his beautiful face, his golden eyes would draw me in like a moth to a flame and his adorable smile would capture me and never let me look away, in all honesty not even a million stars could beat the sight of Xingqiu's smile...

But he wasn't here.

As I lay under the stars, I couldn't help but think of what Xingqiu was doing right now, it felt so wrong knowing he was laying in my bed without me.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when a nurse tapped me on the shoulder,

"It's time to come in now, it's getting late." They whispered, helping me up, I followed them inside and went back to my room, some doctors came in and gave me a quick checkup as a precaution and then turned on the heart rate monitor,

I lay down and they left the room, leaving me alone in the dark with nothing but the light of the machines around me, and the endless beeping of the monitor,

It started getting annoying.

Really annoying.

All I heard was beeping.

And more beeping.

And more.

And it got faster.

Why was it getting faster?

The more annoyed I got the faster it went.

And the faster it went, the more annoyed I got.

I couldn't take it anymore.

I got up and punched the monitor, sending it across the room, then my fist started bleeding.. I panicked, the feeling was familiar but this time in my hand and I think what hurt the most was remembering the feeling of glass smashing over my head,

I stumbled backwards and leaned against the wall, struggling to breath.

The beeping didn't stop.

I clenched my chest as things started getting blurry and then tried to move forwards but I fell over, my head hit the floor and there was a sharp pain...

A familiar pain.

The beeping stopped..

Now there was just a ringing sound...

A bunch of doctors ran into the room.

They were loud, the sounds of them yelling at eachother and rushing around hurt my head.

I closed my eyes as they all gathered around me, frantically lifting me onto a table thingy, everything started going blurry, I closed my eyes and I think I fell asleep..?

I wasn't sure..

This was just like last time...

I wasn't sure of anything, I didn't know what was happening, all I knew was it was bad,

Exactly like last time.

Except.. it didnt hurt as much? I mean it did but it was more.. numb.. like a background pain, And.. I felt more tired.. like I could just let go of everything and fall asleep..

But it wouldn't be sleep. I know that. I knew if I let go now, that would be it, i wouldn't wake up.

But maybe that wasn't such a bad thing...

I was tired...

Really tired...